Fly fishing vs. ????

M
Mad dog
Springers are comin' :dance: 3oz floats, 3/0 hooks, roe clusters the size of a golf ball, whole sandshrimp....beautiful!!! :clap: No time for flyfishing just yet! :lol:

S
skunk
I myself, will use whatever legal means to hook and catch fish, usually based on what I feel like throwing at said time. If I'm doing c&r I really enjoy dry fly fishing, if its ocean fish I'm after I like using bait, and if its steelhead I've found drift fishing with a baitcaster to be mucho fun for me. I found myself drooling over a new 8' salmon rod in Fisherman's the other day. Uhoh, looks like I got a rod that's going to get neglected in the future :(

M
markasd
Its all good... have an idea now about who ya are. I have a couple buddies, family of em, iron workers from the bay area... that explained a lot for me!

F
Finneus Polebender
True sportsman fish with baits as big as fish and never keep any HAHAHAHA youll never get me to step over to the darkside . Just kidding guys at least you guys are somewhat civil when you argue ! fly fishermen who catch em, and those who can regularly catch steelhead have basically learned an art but must agree just cause they are artists doesn't make em better than me or any one else.

O
OnTheFly
Finneus Polebender said:
True sportsman fish with baits as big as fish and never keep any HAHAHAHA you'll never get me to step over to the darkside . Just kidding guys at least you guys are somewhat civil when you argue ! fly fishermen who catch em, and those who can regularly catch steelhead have basically learned an art but must agree just cause they are artists doesn't make em better than me or any one else.
You're getting sleeepy.....getting sleeeepy....sleeeeeeepyyyyyy.......You will learn the ways of the jedi flyfisherman. You will forget all about bait and sparklely lures and begin to focus on poppers and floating line. You will never forget about your disire to hunt for the mighty bass but you will seek a more pure and fulfilling way to obtain them. When I count to three you will awaken feeling refreshed and the urgency to run to the nearest fly shop and aquire a 5wt. One....Two.....THREE!!!!!!!!!

brandon4455
brandon4455
OnTheFly said:
You're getting sleeepy.....getting sleeeepy....sleeeeeeepyyyyyy.......You will learn the ways of the jedi flyfisherman. You will forget all about bait and sparklely lures and begin to focus on poppers and floating line. You will never forget about your disire to hunt for the mighty bass but you will seek a more pure and fulfilling way to obtain them. When I count to three you will awaken feeling refreshed and the urgency to run to the nearest fly shop and aquire a 5wt. One....Two.....THREE!!!!!!!!!

lmao.. wow jim. how about if i have my 5/6wt by then ill bring it to the polebender invitational? he will see me and rose flyfishing and get curious.. then he will try it and never turn back :lol: the funy part is i still gear fish as well.

brandon4455
brandon4455
QUOTE=Mad dog;175804]Springers are comin' :dance: 3oz floats, 3/0 hooks, roe clusters the size of a golf ball, whole sandshrimp....beautiful!!! :clap: No time for flyfishing just yet! :lol:[/QUOTE]
:naughty: clouser minnows,shimp patterns, nymphs,intruders,eggs etc. and plunking with sandshrimp and a spin glo.

F
Finneus Polebender
brandon4455 said:
lmao.. wow jim. how about if i have my 5/6wt by then ill bring it to the polebender invitational? he will see me and rose flyfishing and get curious.. then he will try it and never turn back :lol: the funy part is i still gear fish as well.

I can see it now the first time I go to whip that fly line back ksnap there goes my 8.5" swimbait , do they make braided fly line ? LOL

H
hawgin
Mad dog said:
Springers are comin' :dance: 3oz floats, 3/0 hooks, roe clusters the size of a golf ball, whole sandshrimp....beautiful!!! :clap: No time for flyfishing just yet! :lol:

YES! they are!

O
OnTheFly
Finneus Polebender said:
I can see it now the first time I go to whip that fly line back ksnap there goes my 8.5" swimbait , do they make braided fly line ? LOL
Don't chu worry about that FB, Brandon will let you use his 8wt!

M
Markcanby
I know where you can get a real nice 10wt for 40$ FP. I think a 8.5" swimbait is a bit much for a 8wt.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Just try a MOAL leach ;) They're big, and ugly, and if a dainty lil' steelhead will eat them, a bass should too, right? :) Geesh, now that I've said that, all the spey guys are going to stop at bass ponds on their way home from not catching a steelhead from now on ;) Steelhead - fish of a thousand casts. Largemouth - fish of one (if ya do it right)... XD

H
hawgin
I am gonna stick with my current set up for time being

brandon4455
brandon4455
finneus polebender said:
i can see it now the first time i go to whip that fly line back ksnap there goes my 8.5" swimbait , do they make braided fly line ? Lol
lol

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Markcanby said:
I know where you can get a real nice 10wt for 40$ FP. I think a 8.5" swimbait is a bit much for a 8wt.

haha!!!!

F
Finneus Polebender
GraphiteZen said:

I can just picture that 8.5" trout whipping back and forth through the air like a fly , need to find some wolf fish or peakock bass LOL.

brandon4455
brandon4455
Finneus Polebender said:

just use the backing :lol: