Fishing supplies in Beaverton?

S
SluggenFish
Does anybody know a good place to get some tackle in Beaverton, I just moved here from Alaska and I am ready to get fishing. I was also wondering if anybody had any suggestions, I was going to start off at commonwealth pond, I think they have trout there that are stocked. Does anybody know if you can eat them? I hear that everywhere around the city is a big no no for eating fish due to mercury content or something, is that bs?

V
Van
Well, Fishermens Marine Supply isn't too far from there. It is right along side hwy 217 near Washington Square mall. Next to Toys R Us and the motorcycle dealership. They will have the largest selection on the west side of town. Also, River City fly shop is right off Scholls Ferry as well if you are into fly fishing. Sports Authority at Beaverton mall will have a little generic gear and Dicks sporting goods at Wash. Sq will have a decent selection.

As for mercury in fish, it isn't BS. However, it is mostly in regards to resident fish in the Willamette, Multnomah channel and Columbia slough. Bass, carp, cats, etc. Trout stocked by ODFW will be fine.

S
SluggenFish
Van said:
Well, Fishermens Marine Supply isn't too far from there. It is right along side hwy 217 near Washington Square mall. Next to Toys R Us and the motorcycle dealership. They will have the largest selection on the west side of town. Also, River City fly shop is right off Scholls Ferry as well if you are into fly fishing. Sports Authority at Beaverton mall will have a little generic gear and Dicks sporting goods at Wash. Sq will have a decent selection.

As for mercury in fish, it isn't BS. However, it is mostly in regards to resident fish in the Willamette, Multnomah channel and Columbia slough. Bass, carp, cats, etc. Trout stocked by ODFW will be fine.

Hey thanks! I notice your a fan of dead guy as well, I just drank about 6 six packs of the stuff this month lol, a bit pricey here though. I don't know if you had it but if you like dead guy you would prolly like warsteiner if you havent had it I would highly suggest trying it

T
TimberTodd
X2 on Fishermans and River City. Welcome to Oregon and OFF. Check into Hagg Lake also. It has excellent bank access and more fish species to target then Commonwealth.

S
SluggenFish
TimberTodd said:
X2 on Fishermans and River City. Welcome to Oregon and OFF. Check into Hagg Lake also. It has excellent bank access and more fish species to target then Commonwealth.

Thank you and thank you again. I'm sure I will make my way to all the bodies of water around here eventually. ATM I am trying to read up on the regs, I raked up over 300 dollars in fishing tickets in Alaska lol.

bass
bass
I buy stuff at Fisherman's, The Dick's in Hillsboro (because it is walking distance from work) and Hogg's hardcore tackle in Hillsboro (not too far from work). I prefer Fisherman's and Hogg's. I have not bought any flyfishing stuff in a while but I did find River City nice when I did.

S
SluggenFish
bass said:
I buy stuff at Fisherman's, The Dick's in Hillsboro (because it is walking distance from work) and Hogg's hardcore tackle in Hillsboro (not too far from work). I prefer Fisherman's and Hogg's. I have not bought any flyfishing stuff in a while but I did find River City nice when I did.

Thank you much.

T
tdspence
Bi-mart. They are everywhere. There is one just off HWY 10 just east of HWY 217.

S
SluggenFish
tdspence said:
Bi-mart. They are everywhere. There is one just off HWY 10 just east of HWY 217.

Do they have worms and fresh live bait that is what I'm looking for.

H
Hendo30
They sure do....Bi-Mart is a good reasource...supply just isn't as lavash as you would find and Dicks or Fishmens.

S
SluggenFish
Hendo30 said:
They sure do....Bi-Mart is a good reasource...supply just isn't as lavash as you would find and Dicks or Fishmens.

Thanks, I'll swing by there some time.

V
veilside180sx
Bi-Mart will be the lowest priced of the 3 (Dick's, Fisherman's, or Bi-Mart) for what they do carry. Hogg's Tackle will most likely be cheaper than them even though...for the items that they carry.