Fishing Haleman landing

M
mspadd
Has anyone fished this area? The ponds or river? Its a nice area just hard to find the fish:confused:

Last edited:
T
TTFishon
Sounds familiar. Where's it at?

M
mspadd
Its actually called hileman landing... sorry, its off E Becon which is off river rd. I fished there a little last night saw some monster trout but didn't get a bite. Not sure what kind of trout. The water was clear. Another guy was fishing there also but wasn't very friendly.

T
TTFishon
That's why it sounds familiar. I used to fish there when I was a kid. I remember we had to watch out for a big bull as we walked or ran through a cow pasture which is probably full of houses now. Anyway, back then we'd go there to try and get some of the first salmon making there way upriver in March. It was kind of dumb because the water was always running high and fast. But it was cool too because we'd see huge salmon jumping out in the middle of the river.

M
mspadd
there is one house at the end of the road but other than that from what i have herd it has not changed in 20 years, except over growth of bushes. It would be an awesome to find a good fishing hole back there cause no one really goes back there. It's not like your trespassing cause its a county park.

T
TTFishon
I never fished the pond or ponds. I was told that there are a bunch of ponds full of bass back there. Do you know if that's true or not?

M
mspadd
there are about 3 or so ponds back there. But I didn't catch anything cause there is very limited bank access. I saw some pretty big fish in there tho, the water is shallow and clear. The fish i saw were trout.

M
mspadd
tried to walk threw the park to the river yesterday... didn't work out too well considering that the brush is just to thick.. too bad ill continue fishing the ponds to see if i catch something big!!!

T
TTFishon
Keep us posted.