Fisherman paid $51,000 for pikeminnows

H
halibuthitman
The program is funded entirely by the Bonneville power Company.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
That's good then. Where oh where can one sign up? If I kill enough fish, will they lower my power bill?

H
halibuthitman
they should drive them around the dam and feed them to the sea lions!

M
metalfisher76
halibuthitman said:
they should drive them around the dam and feed them to the sea lions!

As bait, then SHOOT `EM!!

C
cchinook
pike minnows

pike minnows

Let's see , fish for nooks and steel or spend that time filling your boat with junk fish .
But for that kind of money it is worth a try.

H
Hawk
troutdude said:
Good one HHM!

AVON calling......:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:clap::clap::clap:

F
fredaevans
For context, I know little to nothing about this subject, but one reoccurring theme appears to be 'catching tagged fish.' If you're trying to 'eliminate them' why would you 'tag and release?' Sounds like a perfect example of a Oxymoron.

fae

troutdude
troutdude
What? Yet another finely juxtaposed Governmental conundrum? Say it isn't so!

B
beaverfan
fredaevans said:
For context, I know little to nothing about this subject, but one reoccurring theme appears to be 'catching tagged fish.' If you're trying to 'eliminate them' why would you 'tag and release?' Sounds like a perfect example of a Oxymoron.

fae

They do it to get anglers excited about doing the program. Getting people excited about doing a good thing for the environment is hardly oxymoronic.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Last time I caught a big pikeminnow - I was sturgie fishing on the willy. I had a hunk of pickled shad fillet on. Pike minnow was probably 3lbs easy - was about 21-22 inches and fat. I wonder what the potential for multiple hook ups are if a guy were to use a similar plunking rig, but with 3 hooks and 3 strips of fish... The pikeminnow didn't seem to care about my line or leader - I was fishing 80lb dacron for both. I'm thinking a pikeminnow setup with heavy braided main line, and something like 30lb mono tied so you've got short droppers and fish a multi hook setup. My only worry would be a sturgeon coming along and chowing down on it. Would probably use barbless hooks just in case.

F
fredaevans
beaverfan said:
They do it to get anglers excited about doing the program. Getting people excited about doing a good thing for the environment is hardly oxymoronic.

We can "agree to disagree."
;>)

T
Troutier Bassier
fredaevans said:

fae

For reasearch, To monitor where Pikeminnow are traveling and how many salmon they are predating on and where there is a 'weak link' in the chain.

T
Troutier Bassier
The Nothing said:
There is nothing fun about the way the top money-makers fish for pikeminnow

'nuff said.