New Cabela's million dollar fish plantings

L
LuckyToBeFishing
The fine print says: and I quote:
"To be eligible for the Cabela's Recon Fish Grand Prize Doubler Sponsored by GEICO, (hereinafter the "GEICO Doubler") you must have done one of the following at least two days prior to logging an eligible tagged fish; (1) download and install Cabela's Recon Fish App, sponsored by GEICO, on a participating mobile device, or (2) if you do not wish to download and install Cabela's Recon Fish App, you may qualify for the GEICO Doubler by sending a standard-size postcard only, post-marked two or more days prior to logging an eligible tagged fish, with your complete name, address, city, state, zip code, and email address to: Cabela's Recon Fish Grand Prize Doubler Sponsored by GEICO, P.O. Box 907, Marblehead, MA 01945.

Therefore, you can double the prize-fish winnings! Whatever they may be...

Last edited:
S
Sinkline

Last edited:
18406ej
18406ej
LuckyToBeFishing said:
...You may qualify for the GEICO Doubler by sending a standard-size postcard only, post-marked two or more days prior to logging an eligible tagged fish, with your complete name, address, city, state, zip code, and email address to: Cabela's Recon Fish Grand Prize Doubler Sponsored by GEICO, P.O. Box 907, Marblehead, MA 01945.

Therefore, you can double the prize-fish winnings! Whatever they may be...

Question One: How are you going to know two or more days beforehand that you are going to land a tagged fish?

Question Two: How does one fit "Cabela's Recon Fish Grand Prize Doubler Sponsored by GEICO" on a standard size postcard? I think that they should give the million dollar prize to the person who is able to do that.

A
agiblin
as nice as it would be to rake in that mill we all know no one will. i think this is a stunt that will help raise a lot of ODFW money since they partnered together. i'm not saying its a bad thing by any means but it will ruin certain areas as others have already stated. as far as the geico doubler.... just download the app (most of us have smart phones) its actually not a bad app. im buying into this little event because it helps get the family out to the water especially the wife. besides if u land a fish with any prize hey that's free stuff for fishing... free stuff for fishing. the only thing better than that is puling a fish out of the water that's full of bills. its promoting the sport and ODFW so thats the plus.

now as far as the million is concerned and the first 10 rule... look at it this way. if you catch the grandprize fish and there were 1,059 tagged fish caught before you; you will still rake in 10,000 bucks... thats a lot of new tackle. so basically u will get money if u catch the fish. now if you have the double your talking about 20,000 bucks.

D
DYJ
I bet the odds are better than that 1/2 billion dollar powerball that we had last month.... and I played that, better go get registered :lol:

T
the_intimidator03
18406ej said:
Question One: How are you going to know two or more days beforehand that you are going to land a tagged fish?

Question Two: How does one fit "Cabela's Recon Fish Grand Prize Doubler Sponsored by GEICO" on a standard size postcard? I think that they should give the million dollar prize to the person who is able to do that.

I can answer your first question.. reread it.. it says 2 or MORE days. meaning you can't catch a fish THEN sign up is what they are trying to alleviate.

18406ej
18406ej
the_intimidator03 said:
I can answer your first question.. reread it.. it says 2 or MORE days. meaning you can't catch a fish THEN sign up is what they are trying to alleviate.

TI03,

I know. But we can't all be serious ALL of the time!

Have a good night,

EJ

T
the_intimidator03
i was just tryin to be a bit of a smart ass lol. I can see after rereading that it didn't come through. sorry mate.

18406ej
18406ej
I thought it came through fine. Nothing to be sorry about- I have been a smart a-- before. Once, I think.

J
JeannaJigs
Rose and I are gonna go drag some gear on the bottom of dexter every single day until we catch the million dollar 7 inch stocker.

You just watch and learn.

A
agiblin
anyone got any pointers for bank fishing at dexter? im heading out there between 4 and 5 am tomorrow (thursday). never been to dexter and dont have a boat since i got rid of it before i deployed to Iraq. any help is appreciated. my typical trout line is a slip bobber with a worm head weight blocked by a swivle and a treble running powerbait either as is or with some sort of liquid mixture (usually Garlic),

oh yeah if u manage to catch one of these bad boys remember to take a pic of it before removing the tag otherwise it becomes disqualified.

J
JeannaJigs
Your best bet is the dam. People also fish up at the south end by the lowell bridge or whatever that white covered bridge is called, but I think your best option is the other end at the dam (and not the dam below lookout either).

Last edited:
A
agiblin
ok cool ill give that a try. im gonna be there till about 4pm so with some luck.... thanks for the pointers

A
agiblin
If anyone is out at dexter or going to be and is lookin for a fishing buddy hit me up. Im out here currently and bored. No bites. Im on the rocks by the dam.