Fished the Willy today

R
rippin fish lips
Well, just got back from floating from Dexter down to Pengra. Me and a buddy were targeting steelhead/salmon but it was slow, with no bits from them and no action we switched to trout fishing using worms. he caught about 3-6 trout, couple nice size ones. I got into about....well...uhhh lost count because i had a fish on literally almost every cast in each hole we fished!! I have never caught so many trout on the willy ever! i got a new favorite river for trout fishing now!! got some nice 14-17 inchers that at first i thought were steelhead a few times...but not this time! =( was a good day out on the river! For any of you bait fisherman/woman for trout... they are LOVIN the worms right now!!! I went out back last night after watering my yard...picked up about 30-40 worms and used them all..every single part of each one! + 20 more from wallmart lol. all the pics are on my buddys camera, so when i get them i will post!

T
Thuggin4Life
sounds like a blast!

Troutski
Troutski
Willy

Willy

Quite the fishery - that is probably my favorite drift. Another great drift is the Clearwater to Day Island Park....the real problem is leaving the river before the sun retreats. Glad you had a great day.

Chuck

R
rippin fish lips
Yeah it was! We fished every hole really hard. I had the mind set to pull out as many fish from each hole as i could! I managed about 3-8 trout per hole!

R
rippin fish lips
Troutski said:
Quite the fishery - that is probably my favorite drift. Another great drift is the Clearwater to Day Island Park....the real problem is leaving the river before the sun retreats. Glad you had a great day.

Chuck

About how long is the clear water-day island drift, just strait from point A. to point B.?

Troutski
Troutski
Two hours

Two hours

Two hours (+-) if you just drift and nothing else, about the same as the Pengra drift.

Chuck

R
rippin fish lips
yeah thats what i thought. thank you Chuck! We made the pengra drift last about 6 or 7 hours today, it was fun :) so much good water to fish there...still havent fished every spot there but i will master it all someday!

Troutski
Troutski
Dexter to Day Island Park

Dexter to Day Island Park

All the drifts from Dexter to Day Island Park are about the same time, Pengra to Jasper, then Jasper to Clearwater.....you have hit the Mother Load. Enjoy and treat the water with the utmost respect.

Chuck

R
rippin fish lips
Troutski said:
Enjoy and treat the water with the utmost respect.

Chuck

Oh i sure will!! I pick up as much trash as i can when i am on the bank or stop on the banks. I like our rivers to be clean as possible! But have a good day Chuck and maybe we will se eachother out there sometime!

Troutski
Troutski
Play ground

Play ground

You keep fishing the Middle Fork and I am sure we will....Just wait until you do the Pengra to Jasper.:cool:....Romper Room, just remember that term. It is a play ground for anglers:clap:.

Chuck

R
rippin fish lips
alright i will remember it! :) i fished the jasper bridge a lil above it a while back and it was the first time of me fishin that, and i caught about 13 really nice trout! what about different floats on the mac that u may now of? i know the river from leaburg down to bellinger, never been between that and harvest, and havent been any lower then harvest.

Thanks again! :)

F
Finneus Polebender
Always do well on the trout From pengra till I hit the stretch that runs down old franklin ,that stretch always seems kinda dead for trout ,good for steelies though trout picks back up after day island ,been catching a few 14-17in natives on almost every float the willy is better than most give it credit for! Floated from hendricks to armitage /harvest /42nd lots last year seemed to catch as many Pike minnow as trout still good fishin though!

Troutski
Troutski
Mac

Mac

rippin fish lips said:
alright i will remember it! :) i fished the jasper bridge a lil above it a while back and it was the first time of me fishin that, and i caught about 13 really nice trout! what about different floats on the mac that u may now of? i know the river from leaburg down to bellinger, never been between that and harvest, and havent been any lower then harvest.

Thanks again! :)
I can't help you when if comes to the Mac, don't fish it.....sorry. I am sure we have some Mac friendly anglers here...

Chuck

R
rippin fish lips
alright thats fine Chuck :) FP, we usually do the bellinger to hendricks float. It's a really good float! lots of trout!