First self made spinners

jamisonace
jamisonace
Drift boat. Elk river near Port Orford on the South Coast.

Joshuablue77 said:
Jamisonace
were you on the dock at elk city campground or we're you in a boat on the elk??

Irishrover
Irishrover
Outstanding, nothing like catching fish on gear you have made yourself. I hope you posted those on the Texas fishing forum. They may get a kick out of that. http://texasfishingforum.com/

B
BaldTexan
Irishrover said:
Outstanding, nothing like catching fish on gear you have made yourself. I hope you posted those on the Texas fishing forum. They may get a kick out of that. http://texasfishingforum.com/

Yessir! I was a bit inspired by your squid/spinner rig ( I believe you posted a few months ago. My apologies if wrong) and made up a couple, but I didn't get another chance to fish the salt. It was definitely very satisfying catching fish on home made gear.

Haha. No I didn't post to the Texas forum. I've never even visited it as I moved from Texas in 1996 and haven't fished it since, but I do miss the bass fishing in Lake Fork. Not too many lakes where you throw back 11 to 12 lb large mouth because they are too small!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irishrover
Irishrover
That squid spinner has been a very successful piece of gear. Glad you liked it. Those spinners you made though are proven killers. The half orange half white blade (third from the left) has been a real producer for me down here in the B-10 area. I spent the summer of 2011 down in Texas in Lampasas County. I used the Texas fishing forum to help me out. It sure is different and yes the bass are big.

B
BaldTexan
I'm only in my second season of salmon fishing, so not super experienced yet, but trolling spinners have been my most productive gear by far...especially the red/white or orange/white. I'll try just about anything that looks "fishy".

I never fished the Lampasas area but have driven through there on occasion. The hill country there can be pretty scenic a bit like some of the central Oregon areas. I mostly fished the east Texas lakes. If you're ever out that way again, Lake Fork and Sam Rayburn are "must fish" hawg large mouth lakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk