First post and first steelheads :)

M
Manyo12
Well, I finally got my first post in. I apologize for stalking this site for so long:) But until I had something to really post I didn't feel comfortable. Well anyways, after finally getting all my gear ready (I have always fished for Tuna, bass, catfish, trout, etc.) I was ready for my first Steelhead adventure(next will be Salmon:D) My wife and I went with a friend of hers from Fisherman's (Paul from Juniors guide service) He took us out on the Sandy and it was an experience! I was 3 for 3 (2 Hatchery and 1 Native) within the first 2 hrs. We finally hooked up 11 times that day bringing 6 to the boat and keeping these 3. Hope I wasn't to long winded but I am beyond stoked! Thanx for all the terrific advice on this forum also!

• DSCF0384.jpg
  • DSCF0364.jpg
  • DSCF0354.jpg
F
fishing_mission
Congratulations! !! Those are some good looking steel.

J
jabs67
WOW!!! Great first trip! Nice steel!!!!!

M
Manyo12
It was amazing....I know better than to expect that every time I go out :)

M
mgdguy
Awesome!! :clap:

T
TimberTodd
Way to go and welcome to OFF.

J
JeannaJigs
Sounds like a heck of a first time!

A
alm21
Awesome first post! Give'n those fish some love!

B
BobbiDollPDX
That's how you make an entrance :)

T
todd_brooks
Nice! I haven't had the pleasure of fishing with Paul but, I have been to hear him talk about steelheading and he know his @#$% thats for sure. Congrates on putting fish in the box.

F
Fish-N-Chips
Saweeeeeet:cool: Great post and congrats on those beautiful fish:clap: I noticed in the first picture the definition between the top black color and the lower chrome color of the body is quite different in each fish. Nice catch:D

troutdude
troutdude
Holy Mackerel...er um...Steelhead Batman! Those are some awesome first fish!!!

Great first post. Welcome to the forum.

(Brandon...THESE are the right kind of fish to kiss...LOL)

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
nice job, great work getting fish for the BBQ....welcome.

M
Manyo12
Thanx for all the awesome comments...much appreciated:) I dont know what took me so long to post here..but Im glad I finally did. The fish were awesome on the BBQ and fried up as fish tacos too:) Im ready to do it all over again!

F
FishFiddle
Always did like 'kissin' on first date! Nice picts.

M
Manyo12
I always kiss my fish out of respect and I think its good luck:) I'm a little superstitious I guess. I usually do it right before I release them but these looked good enough to eat:)

B
brian haffener
Very nice you two its amazing seeing my famliy killing it good job looking forward to putting a line in the water with you . unk B

C
Coastaldweller
Steelhead fishing is always that productive..wink wink....
Great job, awesome fish!

M
Mad dog
Nice bright fish!!! Congrat's! :clap: