First one on the tag

F
fishhunter28
So went up to mehema today nothi was going then about one i slammed the beautiful beast of a fish forgetin my pen to tag her i started walking to find one and wham two state troopers are there with open arms turns out i missed some court dates so i got to go visit the marion county jail just to be releas so within five mineutes of catching the first and biggest fish of my life i also got to go to jail all in all it was a great day on the river

E
eugene1
All I can say is.. That sucks! Got to tag them quick or else just CnR.

Hope you can enjoy the rest of the weekend as a free man.

Best,

F
fishhunter28
ymy7uju8.jpg

F
fishhunter28
It will be a great weekend full of fishing lol

E
eugene1
Nice, hope you get that legal stuff cleared up soon as well!

Nice steelie,

fishhunter28 said:
It will be a great weekend full of fishing lol

T
troutmasta
bummer, kind of.

F
FishFinger
Did you get popped for not inking your tag too?
That happened to myself and a buddy once. Our pen wouldn't function. The trooper separated us, questioned us, and then asked to inspect the boat. He's checked our ink pen and found it didn't work. He let us go with a verbal warning; because our stories matched about the pen not working. Now, I carry two ink pens, just in case.

F
FishFinger
To clarify... Both our Chinooks were boated just minutes apart, we didn't realize the pen malfunctioned till both fish were bonked.

F
fishhunter28
No he didn't ticket me for the pen thing he actually filled it out for me and put his badge number next to it then filled out a transfer form in my brothers name so he could take the fish home without tagging it him self

F
fishhunter28
new update went and fished the santiam for three days Thursday Friday and Saturday not one fish im gonna guess its just a little to early saw a couple caught was under the bridge in mill city Thursday night nooks were rollin and all of a sudden about 30 min before fishing was over for the day they let a lot of water out of Detroit water level raised about a foot to a foot n a half in about five minutes

M
markasd
What a cool cop. I had a similar issue, could see I tried to write on my tag with my pen not working... he did not care!!! ticketed me anyhow! Douchery at its finest... this was on the Siletz two years ago, new kid trooper on the block I'm guessing.

F
fishhunter28
Funny cause the only ticket i ever was on siletz we were fishing in the wrong spot cause the sign was down and it was the frst time we had been there so the cop wrote us tickets then took us to where the sign was he found it in a mud and the log trucks had been running over it all week we even helped put it back up cause we had all of our tools with us and still got tickets