first fishing trip

W
Wickerdave
Hi everyone,

Finally got moved to Sublimity from Iowa. A word of advice, not that I'm a violent person, but every moving and storage company should be strung up in a tree and gutted. Lieing &^)***(*&*&&)&*(Ok I feel better now. So in the morning we are heading to Green Peter on my first fishing exploration in Oregon. Going for Kokenee I'm told. So since I'm a walleye,Northern, Stripper, Bass guy, what the hell do I use for Kokenee?? I'm guessing we will be trolling, do I use my down riggers? Need to get to BuyMart tonight so any help would be apprecited. ps. We love it here.
:D:D:D:D:D
Dave

T
Throbbit _Shane
Down riggers will help! Iv been twice this year and sling blades and hoochies worked!

F
Finneus Polebender
Been forever since I have fished em but we used nordic jigs they are heavy just count down the line till ya hit the fish if ya have a finder.

W
Wickerdave
Went out to Green Peter yesterday, got on the lake about 11:30, too late I'm guessing. Used down riggers to 65'. couldn't find Hootches the night before so we used trout killers in pink nw/ straight white peg corn, not dipped. Most boats were pulling out when we were going in, one boat had 25 the other had 20 Kokenee. We never had a bite. Then the engine started acting up, the ball collapsed and wouldn't pump back up. I'm thinking since the boat had set for a year there was sediment in the tank and trying to troll the 145 Suzuki down to 1.5 mph cloged the filter. HOWEVER, the weather was terrific, the sceanry was breathtaking and it was great to be on the water again. Next time, early, early, early. any suggestions?

dave

I
ian1816
Tips

Tips

Wickerdave said:
Went out to Green Peter yesterday, got on the lake about 11:30, too late I'm guessing. Used down riggers to 65'. couldn't find Hootches the night before so we used trout killers in pink nw/ straight white peg corn, not dipped. Most boats were pulling out when we were going in, one boat had 25 the other had 20 Kokenee. We never had a bite. Then the engine started acting up, the ball collapsed and wouldn't pump back up. I'm thinking since the boat had set for a year there was sediment in the tank and trying to troll the 145 Suzuki down to 1.5 mph cloged the filter. HOWEVER, the weather was terrific, the sceanry was breathtaking and it was great to be on the water again. Next time, early, early, early. any suggestions?

dave

Buy a sea anchor or two so that you can troll slower. I find it helps to have a variety of scents and flavored corns. Down riggers make it easier but they are by no means a must in my opinion.