Finally got back on the river...

T
troutfisherman
for sometime i just havnt got to go fly fishing for the pass 3 weeks !!! so today i got the
chance to go out today and see if i can catch a steelhead i when out at 3pm got a bite but the fish got off the hook i was using a purple leech fly ! anyways i continued to
fish until i cought one !! i was still using the purple leech hoping to catch a fish ! i had another bite at the end of the day when it was just about to get dark and it was pulling
pretty good i was hoping it was a big one but as i reeled it in i look and seen it was a very nice 15 inch to 18 inch bull trout ! now this was my first bull trout on the lower D !
and my first bull on a fly !! it look really really nice with the pretty colors on it !! i let it go so i can catch more bull trout at my fav fishing spot !!!

sorry about not having pic up to show you guys !! ill just have to figure how to put pics on here some time and buy a camera !! lol

kirkster
well its sounds like you had a great day after a three week gap. Im sure an 18" bull trout was a lot of fun in the lower D. and on a flyrod to boot.

B
bigsteel
nice,,bull trout is a great fish to catch,they fight hard

S
steelhead_slayer
i caught my first bull on a fly there too, and about the same size with the same pattern. they're great! fight with eveything they got

Irishrover
Which part of the river were you fishing? A couple of years ago I landed a nice bull trout while fishing for steelhead just around the corner from the Warm Springs bridge, down river by that house on the east bank. I was usuing a purple peril. Guess those bull trout like purple, and nice to see they are still in there. Good job!

Last edited:
S
steelhead_slayer
i was over by south jct.