Fears and Phobias.. water and fishin'

B
BobbiDollPDX
I love fishing because I am claustrophobic and fishing tends to happen in wide open spaces.

Of course there is always the fear that while standing in a river or sitting in my pontoon a snake will come slithering through the water at me. I don't know about crying like a girl but I think I would make the water around me very warm, very quickly.

E
eggs
Bigdog I am scared of needles too but tattoo don't bother me one bit... I will seriously pass out getting blood drawn..

J
JeannaJigs
eggs said:
Bigdog I am scared of needles too but tattoo don't bother me one bit... I will seriously pass out getting blood drawn..

ME THREE.

But I draw people's blood daily...without issue.

E
eggs
Should we get a group together and start sticken each other with needles until it doesn't bother us?

J
JeannaJigs
eggs said:
Should we get a group together and start sticken each other with needles until it doesn't bother us?

I vote no. People might get the wrong idea...I looked like a junkie when I was doing clinical courses for my degree, when we were learning blood draws and IV's and had to practice on others in class....that was the definition of hell for me, I do believe.

Troutski
Troutski
Depth-phobia

Depth-phobia

I suffer from depth-phobia, not that a person can't drown in four feet of water...but when I look over at the depth finder and see I am in 550 feet of water I do get rather fidgety. My family takes full advantage of my fear..:rolleyes:

Chuck

O
Outdoor_Myers
I have the fear of never catching a SALMON!!!! AHHH!!!!!!! no but like seriously heights, I fell out of a 30ft pine tree in 1st grade....fear of large groups of people who are being loud and fast pace you never know what they are about to do. my largest one not being able to own a home for my family.

O
Outdoor_Myers
eggs said:

oh this is a big one for me too! but just human blood if its my blood and hospitals...ya...I hate blood when it comes from someone close to me...

B
bigsteel
bigdog said:
Only if you are going to take the hook out of the carps mouth for me.

eggs is good at that,he extracted a fly out of a bats mouth for me

T
TTFishon
I have Social Anxiety Disorder and it sucks. I even get anxiety attacks from my posts on here from time to time. lol

T
Troutier Bassier
I'm afraid of fishing by myself and getting jumped. And spiders! Kick those little runts back to where they came....

B
BobbiDollPDX
Troutier Bassier said:
I'm afraid of fishing by myself and getting jumped. And spiders! Kick those little runts back to where they came....

Oh yeah, I am afraid of going to my favorite fishing hole alone in the evening because there is never anyone else there and it is totally remote. I'm not worried so much about someone messing with me but if I were to fall, I would have a long journey dragging a body part behind me.

Oh yeah, I'm totally scared of bats. They freak me out. Bad.

P
pdxjon
I build high rises and I am afraid of heights.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
TTFishon said:
I have Social Anxiety Disorder and it sucks. I even get anxiety attacks from my posts on here from time to time. lol

lol I do too. That's why I talk and talk and talk and talk and talk... I used to play in a band where all the other members called me Botox.. At least that's what everyone thought they were saying, but was really pronounced Botalks... haha

But yeah a sympathize with the water fears.. I used to not be able to swim in murky or deep water. The I started free-diving and now I can swim straight down into water 30 feet deep even if I can't even see the bottom until I'm right up on it. I still can't dive down into patches of weeds though...

T
troutmasta
I watched the movie Paranormal Activity right before I went to bed....I was afraid of that.:shock:

L
lilsalmon
troutmasta said:
I watched the movie Paranormal Activity right before I went to bed....I was afraid of that.:shock:

That movie scared the bejesus out of me....:shock:

L
lilsalmon
TTFishon said:

Hah!!! TT, me too....I have this fear that I will post and then the thread just dies...no one responds or says anything....actually there is a lot of threads like that....me being the last to post.....I am living my fear :lol:

T
TTFishon
Yep, that's what I do or I'll post something that I feel is stupid and then trip about it all day long. How stupid is that?

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
1) Water more than ankle deep scares the doo out of me.
2) The spiders we have here in Dallas are HUGE and scare the poo out of me.
3) Night of the Living Dead kept me awake for at least a week.
Needles don't bother me. Autofisher and his sister used to beg me to take them snake hunting again. I find heights of the legal sort exciting. The biggest fear...a pissed off cat headed my way. I am terrified of their teeth and claws...silly woman...shoot the cat. lol

G
GDBrown
Vampire?

Vampire?

JeannaJigs said:
ME THREE.

But I draw people's blood daily...without issue.

Jeanna,
Does that make you feel like a vampire?:confused:

I'm afraid of getting old before I learn how to catch a steelhead on purpose. I have also been known to jump higher than possible at the sight of a snake!:shock: If I know it's there I'm OK, but surprise me and I'm in trouble. I know for a fact that I can't hear a rattler if I'm right next to it! I saw one in a pawn shop in Bozeman back in the 70's. The guys from work heard it from outside the store wlaking down the sidewalk but not me.:( I was two feet from the fishtank it was in and I could see the rattle buzzing and still could not hear it. Maybe that's why I wade the rivers rather than crawl along the bank.:rolleyes:

GD