Favorite fishing quotes

T
Trout-tacular!
jabs67 said:
Another favorite. My biggest worry is that my wife(when i'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what i said i paid for it.....:D

:lol: My wife heard this one the other day. She started asking me a whole lot of uncomfortable questions.

18406ej
18406ej
"Cut in front of my f-ing line again and I am going to kick your a--" - EJ Bishop

EJ

M
Modest_Man
"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."

"Everyone should believe in something; I believe I’ll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Kind of a long one but I finally sat down and read A River Runs Through It last month.

"Then in the Arctic half-light of the canyon, all existence fades to a being with my soul and memories and the sounds of the Big Blackfoot River and a four-count rhythm and the hope that a fish will rise. Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of those rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters."

-Norman Maclean

troutdude
troutdude
jabs67 said:
There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm

You borrowed my original tag line, right there. It's a goody fo' sho'! Can't go wrong w/ a quote from Pat McManus <my write in vote for President by the way...LOL>.

P.S. That's Pat in my Avatar!

N
ninja2010
my fav is my tag line as well, although some of the ones above are gems too.

Chromatose
Chromatose
Ya should have been here yesterday.

F
fish4life14
How do you add a tag??

troutdude
troutdude
From the man that many consider the "Father of Fishing":

"As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler." -- Izaak Walton, 1593-1683, author of "The Complete Angler"