Excellent crabbing near Half Moon Bay

Fish-On Fred
Fish-On Fred
Went crabbing @ Winchester Bay 9-3-11, 9-4-11, and 9-5-11. Limited out quickly using chicken parts in a bait box that was in square box traps. Put in pots near the entrance to Half Moon Bay. Lots of pots around in that area. I had 8 pots working Saturday and Sunday. Six pots on Monday. Lots of very large crab. Total of 9 limits were taken. Awesome catches and good eatin!!! Fred:clap::clap::clap:

S
skunk
mmmmmmm, sounds delish!!

R
RunWithSasquatch
Awesome, sounds tasty. Im gonna drag a couple traps down there when I fish Thursday. Thanks for the report.

T
Thuggin4Life
Thanks for hthe heads up fred!

Fish-On Fred
Fish-On Fred
Just got back from another Crabbing trip @ Winchester Bay. Hit Half Moon Bay Saturday with bait that we refroze from previous trip. Very stinky bait and I think the crab thought also as we only got 7 keeper male crabs in 8 pots the whole day. My friends got 14 using frozen salmon heads from the bait shop using only 2 pots. At the end of the day as I was cleaning my boat, my wife checked out the fish cleaning station and several people were cleaning salmon and tuna. My wife was able to get scraps from these people, which filled a cooler, so that we would have fresh bait for Sunday. Sunday turned out a lot better as we ended up with 29 keepers. Also bought some oysters to take home for some bakes oysters in the shell, topped off with some garlic/butter mix. Yummy!!! Lots of bright sunshine and fresh air to boot also. Another fine trip...Fred