East Lake stoke

T
timmay
Went camping this weekend up at East Lake. Had a solid day on the water yesterday - caught a lovely 20" brown on an ice cream cone, and the mayfly hatch provided some fantastic dry fly fishing for a good hour too!

wpid-wp-1402872243845.jpg

We didn't get any action on a variety of buggers/streamers we trolled around - Ice Cream Cones were the ticket along with Callibaetis nymphs and dries. Most of the rainbows caught on the dries were 16" + like the fat hen in the shot above.

By far East Lake is one of the most beautiful settings to fish in Central Oregon - this shot pretty much sums it up:

wpid-wp-1402872270371.jpg

Reactions: rogerdodger
O
OnTheDrop
Yup. Favorite lake in the whole State of Oregon by a long shot. Been going up there for 20 years and it has a very special place in my heart.

Glad you can feel it's charm as well. Nice job on the fish.

Cheers,

<<<(My avatar= EastLake)

S
steelhead_slayer
Nice fish

T
timmay
Thanks. Indeed an amazing place. Didn't snap a shot of the brown... He looked tired so I didn't want to stress it more

B
bagold53
Spent my first Fishing trip in OR down there. Lovely lake. Plan to go again next year since this summer is feeling a little over scheduled.

S
Smellsfishy
Nice report and great pics! I'm fairly new to Oregon fishing, but from what I've read... East Lake is at the top of my list!!