East Lake reports?

R
rainORsnow1
Anybody fished east lake recently? Are the browns showing up in the shallows yet? Any reports would be awesome!

F
fishtales
No report here. I want to make it up there the end of the month. It would be nice to get a report before hand.

R
rainORsnow1
Got a report the fish have turned and have hooked. Don't waste ur time unless ur going for browns or rainbows. I changed my plans and am now heading to Garibaldi to chase around some nooks and silvers

S
skyhammer
I just got back last night from East Lake. Spent the last 2 weeks fishing the lake. Many chrome Koks to be had. I caught about 150 and only about 25% were starting to turn red. Yes, there are some green headed fish,but plenty of chrome to go around.
In addition, landed an 8.25lb Brown, 4lb Rainbow, 2-22" Atlantics along with about 10 18-24" browns.
Will post pictures when I get them off the camers.

R
rainORsnow1
Nice report! Looks like my plans are changing again. Any size to the kokes?

S
skyhammer
The Koks averaged about 12-13", the red ones were quite a bit larger.
Here are a few pictures of some fish other than Koks.
This is my lunker Brown, it measured 8.25lbs on my boga, so it is an honest 8lber.Caught on an RMT watermelon doger/apex.

8lb-Brown1w.jpg
A couple of nice Atlantics, one caught on watermelon and one caught on RMT purple At-tack(basically a purple watermelon) and a purple coe apex.
Atlantic-1w.jpg
Atlantic-2w.jpg
While I caught a nice 4lb Rainbow, I released it before taking a picture.I was fishing by my self for 12 days. Gary Gorden (FWG) fished a couple days, trying out his new tackle.
Rainbow1w.jpg
You can see the dodger in this picture.
Rainbow3w.jpg

R
rainORsnow1
Very nice! That's a good trip. I also see pro cure scent in that pic. Ya gonna give up which scent? Again thanks for the heads up. I'm stoked!

S
skyhammer
Scent was Kokanee Special and sweet corn, mostly Kokanee special. Also use Fire Corn on the hooks. Personally I don't think the type of scent really matters as long as it masks your scent.

R
rainORsnow1
Cool. That's wat I run most of the time anyways. Thanks again!

O
OnTheDrop
Please tell me that Brown was released. .you do know its against the rules to keep one larger than 16" there right?

S
skyhammer
Of course it was released,no reason to think otherwise.