Eagle Creek fishing

A
Angler45
So i went to check out Eagle creek today and i didn't see any fish in the water. It looked pretty broke to me. Does anyone know when the salmon will start to move up and where are there some good spots on EC? I'm new at EC so i don't really know where to go on the river.
Any reply is greatly appreciated.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum! You came to the right place for info. Although some of the members like to try to dissuade others from fishing "their" water by telling fish stories...:naughty: :rolleyes: I have it from a very reliable source that there are indeed still chinook in Eagle Creek. I have no specific details for you,but don't give up! Oh, and don't forget your camera...:D

M
metalfisher76
They are their! It`s not a huge return, YET. Try Eagle Fern down for now. The yellow gate down is a good option too, but there are fish in the whole system already. How do I know?, you ask??>...
Eagle Creek fishing
and dad with the final tally for Wednesday
6152010031.jpg
There`ll be more pics on the yarn competition thread shortly, uuuh, maybe not till tonight.:D

P
Pepp
Metal you get it done

Metal you get it done

Man Metal you know how to fish that stuff. That is rad. I need to get out to the Clackamas area more often. I have become consumed by tying flies all the time and fly fishing for trout. I got my 8 weight sink tip system ready though. I want to chase some bigger fish, the casting for me has been the biggest focus. You really are an inspiration. Many years to fish though.

Y
youngbuck307
all ill say is this creek is kinda hard to fish for new people i know a few holes that if your not standing in the money spot you wont get crap but really bad snags all day almost every cast move 10ft and in the zone... took me almost 2 years of fishing winters and coho to learn where fish will hold on that system yes its a lil differnt for each one but they also go hand in hand.... keep at it learn the system and you will start to find them. even after being shown the river a few times by people who know it very well i still had a hard time at first...

B
bigdog
Eagle HHMM not to sure I know where that is. You all sure there are fish in that creek?

B
beaverfan
Isn't that where they put on that holographic fish show? I heard it was quite realistic show!

F
Fishandtarter
Went to Eagle Creek yesterday for the first time by myself so really didn't know where to go, though I caught nothing, Really had a good time. Hiked a whole lot to learn the creek a little and man good workout for me lol.. Saw a few people with a fish. Tried drifting a little with a ton of colors then tried a bobber. How long of a liter are some of you using on a bobber on parts of the shallower water? I realize you adjust on stretches of the creek but what is the shortest some of you have gone? Thanks you

B
beaverfan
The goal when Salmon/Steelhead fishing is your gear needs to be about a foot off the bottom. I use a slip bobber with about 24-30in from my weight/swivel to my jig. I then put my bobber stop a little higher than I think it should be and cast out If the bobber periodically slowly gets pulled under I'm hittin bottom and a shorten a little at a time till I find the correct depth.