• Drifting

Votes: 62 62.6%
  • Bobber

Votes: 43 43.4%

• Total voters
M
mgdguy
fishwithdynamite said:
Sometimes, I can close my eyes after a long day of float fishing and watch my float drift down river over and over again.:lol: I'm haunted in my dreams by floats drifting by and never going under:lol:

YES! As I'm laying in bed drifting off to sleep this happens to me :D Once I even scared myself awake - just like ya do when you dream your falling - grabbing to set the hook! :lol:

E
eggs
snagging works best for me! no bobber or lead needed!

T
Thuggin4Life
I change my mind i do prefer fishing with a float but to date ony one fish has been caught by either method so drifting has produced better for me. i still prefer trolling to anything.

R
Redfox458
I played around a lot with drift fishing last year and caught only rocks. Being new to steelhead fishing, I was getting pretty discouraged. I put a bobber on and lost A LOT less gear, and even got a few strikes.....but still no fish. So I guess my vote is to use a bobber until you are more comfortable with losing a bit of gear drift fishing.

J
Jodin
I enjoy drifting quite a bit more, willing to change strategies based on water though

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Great question + Great answers = Great forum members!!!

T
Troubl31987
Corkie and no yarn on small rivers works best for me

T
Throbbit _Shane
spoon fish :D

D
durantmatt
This year is my first year actively fishing for steelhead. I have caught them in the past years drifting a corkie and yarn. This year I have caught three steelehead. Two on the bobber and jig, and one drifting a corkie and pink worm. I mainly fish a bobber and jig on smaller bodies of water when the fish hug tight to the banks.