Votes: 62 62.6%
  • Bobber

Votes: 43 43.4%

• Total voters
F
Flymstr
Fish

Fish

Na, I released a lot of them today. I was not going to keep anymore this season, but the ones I got today, just had to be killed.

T
Troutier Bassier
:clap: Great.

F
Flymstr
Fish

Fish

I find it real funny that I post a bit of a ***** session and no one responds. You know who you are talking ****. If i post that I caught a fish everyone wants to know where and on what, but no response to bitching post huh?

H
halibuthitman
i try to catch my own fish..... so im not worried too much about your numbers, i believe them, you are a professional steelheader, I know the river you work on, and eagle creek probably doesn't fish much differently, most people on here are astonished by those kind of numbers, and steelhead elbow is a rare thing for most down here. Jealousy is as old as lying in fishing..... So, don't sweat the petty stuff..... pet the sweaty stuff-

F
Fishtopher
Flymstr said:
Hey glad to see you get one today (Cohosanders). I won't say any more than we got 27 today. Was really good. Also I heard that there are some of you on this site that are going to another posting site, and talking **** about me. Well if you don't believe me when I say I get as many fish as I do, then fine. But there is no reason to talk **** about me. I don't talk **** about how stupid you are, and how you could not catch a fish in a FN Aquarium. If you have something to say to me, then give me a comment on my web site, and I will address you there. I don't have any reason to lie about my numbers. I am not trying to impress anyone, if you are impressed it is because you have seen the show. Please be men, and if you don't like that I out fish you, then start golfing!! and get off the water. You know who you are, so instead of spending your time bitching, spend some time learning how to fish, so you won't have to be jealous of me and my friends. Remember, I never said I was a better fisherman than all of you, I just have a lot of experience on this creek. If any of you on here have seen me on the creek, catching one after another, then let these people know, so they will shut up!!!!!!!!!.:mad:
Flymstr:cool:

Good post man. I too have read the stuff on the other forum. Got a good laugh outta it. I wouldnt be too worried about it man. Jealousy is a mofo.

Reminds me of a guy that used to post here...Man, he caught 10 fish every time he found a mud puddle. He was like a god to most everyone on here. He got caught in lie after lie, and people still sweated his e-weiner. Turns out he probably couldnt catch a mosquito larva in an old kiddie pool without a certain someone holding his hand. Now a guy comes around, who talks the talk AND walks the walk, and he catches bs for it. Bass ackwards fellas. Whatever. :lol:

A
autofisher
People are always going to be jealous or talk smack. It's the way human nature is. The problem is usually the person talking smack, or the person being talked aboutdoesn't handle it very well when they are confronted. I'm not saying that I'm a great fisherman by anymeans....As we all know, I've got a lot to learn. But if someone out there is knocking them dead, and have people that have seen him do it.... I wouldn't be a mooseknuckle about it... I'd kind of like to learn from them. But that's just me.

Flymstr, if you're ever lookin for someone to show off to and help get into fish.... Shoot me a message, I've got a lot of time and yarn to kill.

A
autofisher
halibuthitman said:
Jealousy is as old as lying in fishing..... So, don't sweat the petty stuff..... pet the sweaty stuff-

Very well put sir. I couldn't agree more.

C
Cohosanders
Cohosanders said:
That's what I thought until today. I did not have to break my line at all today. Last week I went through all my weight on the Wilson. I was able to drift EC, catch a fish and leave with the same set up I came with. I do miss bobber down thrill, but as for now I will keep drifting. I only had about a foot of leader too:think::think:

I am going to qoute myself and say that I lost all of my drift set-ups yesterday on the creek(ofcourse I found a lot of other peoples:)) So maybe back to bobber...I don't know. I always thought drifting for faster water, but if the creek is smaller then maybe a bobber would work better for certain holes. Preference mixed with experience.

S
steelhead_stalkers
Well its good to bring both with you that way you can change on the fly. Some days one will work better than the other it just depends on water conditions and where the fish are holding.

T
Troutier Bassier
Dont think bobbers dont snag fish, I saw a guy snag a fish stright on the back when drifting through the big hole at cedar creek. He was using eggs too...

Y
youngbuck307
lol i have snaged coho bobber and egg fishing!

F
fishfinatic
it seems to me that for the most part you can entice a fish a lot more when you can adjust the depth with some sort of floater. i went not too long ago and got my paps into three steelies and six of my own with a bobber, stopper and swivel with a orange beaded woolie bug and a smaller droper. i just figure that you got to put it right in front of them. for the most part the only time i get a fish is when i put it right in there face. not to say that i havent got them drifting i just feel more confident with the bobber not to mention like noja said you can fish almost any water..

E
eggs
I have hooked into more steelhead drifting.. but have landed a sucker fish on a bobber and jig.. but different water means different approch.. my problem is getting my casts consistant with the caster reel and braided line without using 1oz bobber and weight.. this 1/2 setup is birds nesting me like crazy or it only goe 10 feet.. time will fix that though..

C
Cohosanders
Drifting a water bobber

Drifting a water bobber

Well it is a combo kind-of The bobber is still floating, but instead of setting the hook it was almost like the fish set the hook already. Trying to keep your eye on a clear bobber especially in the faster water can be tough. The water bobber acts as a weight and an indicator so you can tie whatever you want to on the mainline and set your depth as you please:clap:

F
Flymstr
Water bobber

Water bobber

Cohosanders said:
Well it is a combo kind-of The bobber is still floating, but instead of setting the hook it was almost like the fish set the hook already. Trying to keep your eye on a clear bobber especially in the faster water can be tough. The water bobber acts as a weight and an indicator so you can tie whatever you want to on the mainline and set your depth as you please:clap:

Yeah I saw 3 new water bobbers today hanging in the trees at the creek. Did not have a lot of time to look up though, as I was hooked up most of the day.

FLymstr;:cool::D

C
Cohosanders
Flymstr said:
Yeah I saw 3 new water bobbers today hanging in the trees at the creek. Did not have a lot of time to look up though, as I was hooked up most of the day.

FLymstr;:cool::D

Water bobbers in a creek that small? Well like I said if you are using it for weight and an indicator...I guess you could throw 'em anywhere. Today was the first time I used one since trout fishing when I was 10, but even then it was like plunking. The water boobber would just hover above the bottom of the lake w/. night crawlers , marshmallows or corn before it was illegal:lol: OLD SCHOOL

F
Flymstr
Catch

Catch

Cohosanders said:
Water bobbers in a creek that small? Well like I said if you are using it for weight and an indicator...I guess you could throw 'em anywhere. Today was the first time I used one since trout fishing when I was 10, but even then it was like plunking. The water boobber would just hover above the bottom of the lake w/. night crawlers , marshmallows or corn before it was illegal:lol: OLD SCHOOL

You get anything?? On the clack???
Flymstr;

A
Anyfishisfine
youngbuck307 said:
lol i have snaged coho bobber and egg fishing!

I snagged a big succker fish on bobber and jig.

A
Anyfishisfine
I've both drifted and jigged, and caught fish both ways. For a long time I carried 2 poles with me, one set up each way. But that gets to be a pain quick when you have a tendency to wander around a lot, leaving one rig on the bank out of sight in a busy place.

What decided it for me was when I started tying my own jigs. Both Mgdguy and I catching fish on jigs I made sealed the deal. I do miss feeling the drift though. A bobber is all visual.

F
fishwithdynamite
Sometimes, I can close my eyes after a long day of float fishing and watch my float drift down river over and over again.:lol: I'm haunted in my dreams by floats drifting by and never going under:lol: