Does powerbait actually work?

T
ToyotaTrevor
I have cans and cans of powerbait. I've just never caught a fish off of it. Does powerbait actually work? Has anybody caught a fish using power bait?

T
ToyotaTrevor
I didn't know a simple question could turn into a 5 page thread. lol:think:

P
PDXKush
ToyotaTrevor said:
didn't he just die today too? How ironic. lol

Somehow I feel responsible...I guess you dont want me making jokes about you :-/

Im going to miss that freak...R.I.P. MJ

O
osmosis
Dang, thats too funny Kush!

P
PDXKush
The MJ joke or the sad fact that Ive been using power bait (Lowers his head in shame)? haha

P
PDXKush
I wish...I'd be a whole lot richer.

Now thats 2 interesting comments from you towards me. I'm going to consider it flattery..for now :)

Last edited:
T
ToyotaTrevor
PDXKush said:
I wish...I'd be a whole lot richer.

Now thats 2 interesting comments from you towards me. I'm going to consider it flattery..for now :)

:lol: I will now refrain myself from making any comments towards you

P
PDXKush
No need to refrain. Just letting you know where Im coming from. Peace

Q
qwapaw
OK, Somebody has to say it

OK, Somebody has to say it

For the day when power bait isn't turning the fish on ( and that can happen), I always keep a jar of Pautski red eggs. Last time we went after pellet heads, everyone was using power bait and where catch one every 45 minute so I changed to the red eggs, and wow. I C&R 11 in a short time. Don't be afraid to experiment, both with your power baits and other baits that worked in that past. 25 years ago cheese eggs were hot, now I keep a jar just for the memories I guess. Good luck, and buy Power Bait, I want my stock to go up.. Qwa

F
FishSchooler
Up in a remote lake in canada, I kept 3 (and released like 4) wild fish using pink powerbait. Emerald lake is awesome in Yoho national park! I was crying in the car cause I hit my head on the car somehow and immediately started to sprint to grab my rod when I saw on a big info sign that said : trout fishing is common, kids under 13 can keep 3!

T
ToyotaTrevor
PDXKush said:
No need to refrain. Just letting you know where Im coming from. Peace

Yeah no problem. :cool:

I guess I just picked the wrong colors. lol

M
marshworm
ToyotaTrevor said:
I have cans and cans of this stuff. I've just never caught a fish off of it. Has anybody caught a fish using power bait?

Thanks, Trevor

TT,
Two things to ponder, (1) if it doesn't work how come most everbody that baitfishes uses it? and (2) if it doesn't work why do they pay such a high price for it:think:

Powerbait is just like any other bait, lure or fly. without perserverence and most importantly patience none of them will catch fish so keep trying and as mentioned light line it.

C
chris61182
marshworm said:
TT,
Two things to ponder, (1) if it doesn't work how come most everbody that baitfishes uses it? and (2) if it doesn't work why do they pay such a high price for it:think:

1.) Because they're told that's how they're supposed to fish.
2.) Because they're obediently following #1.

D
Drew9870
fishgriller said:
so heres what you do to make it more effective you put garlic and onion powder in it and let it set for a few hours and its much more effective

In the absence of pure air, garlic does not emit a scent.

J
jlayman0270
Powereggs vs Pautzke's Balls o' fire

Powereggs vs Pautzke's Balls o' fire

Do pautzkes eggs even work anymore? Used to be that's all you needed. Or a mini-mallow. A friend used an artificial mallow with anise oil spray, and he and his little kid couldn't keep them off of their line. (Detroit by the dam.)