dodge to oxbow

N
NoobTooner
has anyone run dodge to ox yet?
what's it look like?

A
AlaskaKid
There is a YouTube video of that run. It looks pretty hairy! Not recommended in many publications. Are you pretty good at toonin?

O
osmosis
Don't mean to be judgemental, but if your screen name has any rationality behind it skip that run until your name should be changed to experiencedtooner.

G
GDBrown
osmosis said:
Don't mean to be judgemental, but if your screen name has any rationality behind it skip that run until your name should be changed to experiencedtooner.

I second the motion!

N
NoobTooner
there's a guide that'll run me down for 95.. i have to provide all my own bait and gear but he'll float and tell me where and how to fish the run.. i figure thats just gonna have to be my best bet at learning this section.. (couple of trips oughta do)
ill be bringin my gps and a waterproof digi cam good for about 3hrs of vid and +pics ..takin notes etc.

...yeah, i've seen a few of those vids. there's a nice post with pics linked to a google map for exact location of each pic too. I've also read a lot of articles on this run. beleave me, I get the dangers involved and I don't take them lightly...
the sandy takes lives every year.
but so does getting out of bed in the morning and taking a shower.

i know my limits and have a very health respect for the river and the hydroforces it generates. i was a lifeguard in sc for 3yrs, played soccer for 14yrs, rock climb and have spent just about every day off since i was about 1 on the banks of the some river or another. all i can do at this point is get educated and prepare myself/my rig then go out and do it.

one thing i'm realy interested in finding out about, is a whitewater rescue course. anyone know where i can do that locally?

O
osmosis
What guide are you looking at?
I would go with Spotted Owl Bob for that stretch.

N
NoobTooner
his names rudy. younger fella i think. but the price is right. i'm not so interested in the actual fishing part of the guide. more for the experience running the drift. plan on running rev to dodge next. i fish that area on foot a lot so it'd be nice to get at it while it's not crossable on foot and fish without a bunch of idiots over yer sholders constantly.
..that and NO HIKE BACK OUT;)