derby? near florance......tahkenitch, you in?

D
Drice
I will be paying the ODFW office a visit to clarify this today. I dont think there is a reg against a group of people getting together and fishing the same lake at the same time then comparing pictures just because the heading says derby, but i will let you know what i find out.

B
BassinFever
Finneus Polebender said:
Only have small livingston and pontoon boats , are they workable for Takenitch or do ya need a motor ?

The arm that the ramps are on is like it's own lake in itself! Friendly to float tubes or Kyacks! The Island out from the ramp is a few hours of fishing all in it's own!

F
fishndad
so everyone who wants to go send me a private message!

D
Drice
Confirmed

Confirmed

So the lady@ ODFW said that there is no regs against multiple friends in multiple boats fishing together and sharing war stories and pictures of fish for bragging rights.

F
fishndad
Drice said:
So the lady@ ODFW said that there is no regs against multiple friends in multiple boats fishing together and sharing war stories and pictures of fish for bragging rights.

i figured lol thanks for looing into it!:D

F
fishndad
how does may 30th sound? its a saturday! i figured most poeple would be available that day but if there is any conflict with the date let me know and we can work on something!

F
Finneus Polebender
fishndad said:
how does may 30th sound? its a saturday! i figured most poeple would be available that day but if there is any conflict with the date let me know and we can work on something!

Nice sat is good will keep eye on responses see if date sticks

B
Bassdad54
Good luck

Good luck

Like I said I wasn't trying to ruin anything just didn't want anyone to get into trouble.I just had to go through a bunch of phone calls the last couple days for our club as ODFW misplaced our notifications that we sent in for our schedule.

F
fishndad
Finneus Polebender said:
Nice sat is good will keep eye on responses see if date sticks

sounds good finneus!

F
fishndad
Bassdad54 said:
Like I said I wasn't trying to ruin anything just didn't want anyone to get into trouble.I just had to go through a bunch of phone calls the last couple days for our club as ODFW misplaced our notifications that we sent in for our schedule.

i know bud! thanks for looking out:)

F
Finneus Polebender
fishndad said:
sounds good finneus!

wow just took the satilite tour thats one big ol twisted sister looks like enuff habitat to keep a guy busy for a few seasons just ta say he fished it all. Saw a few ramp/entry areas looks like a guy could get a fair amount of rowin in. Be good to have some guidence from the home team ,but man the whole place looks like potential its a cool lookin lake

J
JeannaJigs
It is absolutely ginormous, it takes 40 minutes to get up to the 5 mile arm with a 6 horse in my 12' mirrocraft. I wouldn't want to paddle around there lol. Fortunately, there is some really good fishing near both ramps, so you don't have to travel far unless you're goin' after Coho and some areas with less fishing pressure. By far my favorite coastal lake.

F
Finneus Polebender
JeannaJigs said:
It is absolutely ginormous, it takes 40 minutes to get up to the 5 mile arm with a 6 horse in my 12' mirrocraft. I wouldn't want to paddle around there lol. Fortunately, there is some really good fishing near both ramps, so you don't have to travel far unless you're goin' after Coho and some areas with less fishing pressure. By far my favorite coastal lake.

sheesh no wonder my motorless behind has stuck to the local mud puddles/ i mean ponds. Oh well I will just have to put in some xtra training to get prepared , dont think shes gonna fall for that though

J
JeannaJigs
Finneus Polebender said:
sheesh no wonder my motorless behind has stuck to the local mud puddles/ i mean ponds. Oh well I will just have to put in some xtra training to get prepared , dont think shes gonna fall for that though
Oh there is great fishing near the outlet where both ramps are, that whole area. Though it is quite a large area, compared to the rest of the lake, it's nothin'. But if you want to explore the rest of the lake, you could spend a week running around the different arms with a motor and still not fish the whole thing. I am thinking about taking my 'toon up there this summer, I haven't learned to appreciate the Tahk without a motor :)

B
BassinFever
Sounds good to me, I will come with an open back seat! Looking forward to meeting some of you!

Now, there are two ramps, one right on the hiway and one back off the highway at a campground! Parking is at a minimum at both! It will cost you $5.00 to park reguardless!

Probably will be post spawn by then!

J
JeannaJigs
BassinFever said:
Sounds good to me, I will come with an open back seat! Looking forward to meeting some of you!

Now, there are two ramps, one right on the hiway and one back off the highway at a campground! Parking is at a minimum at both! It will cost you $5.00 to park reguardless!

Probably will be post spawn by then!
I've had my rig broke into three times at the one right off the highway, I don't recommend it. The campground has a host that is there year round, and while it may be a false sense of security, I've never had problems there, AND there is more parking, and more room, with a better dock and ramp, doesn't much matter with an inflateable but with any non inflateable, I'd definitely recommend the campground over the other one.

B
BassinFever
Finneus Polebender said:
wow just took the satilite tour thats one big ol twisted sister looks like enuff habitat to keep a guy busy for a few seasons just ta say he fished it all. Saw a few ramp/entry areas looks like a guy could get a fair amount of rowin in. Be good to have some guidence from the home team ,but man the whole place looks like potential its a cool lookin lake

Tahkentich is very unusual lake in that it looks different around the bank than any other lake on the coast. Some places look like you are in an entirely different state!

F
fishndad
Finneus Polebender said:

that lake is a monster lol but the fishing is fantastic!

J
JeannaJigs
BassinFever said:
Tahkentich is very unusual lake in that it looks different around the bank than any other lake on the coast. Some places look like you are in an entirely different state!

I agree, it's refreshing. I appreciate the fact that unlike Siltcoos (another monster) it's unincorporated, with just a few cabins, and once you get beyond the tressels, it's untouched. I especially love the 5 mile arm, if you go up there in the summer you're not harassed by duck hunters and shotguns. And you can literally fish for just about everything in there.

F
fishndad
well guys the weather has been crap.....i hope the weather gets better soon or the derby is gonna be tuff