delta ponds continue to impress

Y
yellowjacket
Kirk Park

Kirk Park

RIVERFISHER said:
i think they know how to spit my hooks....couldnt keepmine on dandit....and damn wind ruined it for me.. i was feelin it up front there....

Any of you ever fish the lake at Kirk Park across from the Fern Ridge dam? My neighbor told me last Nov. his daughters had fished it with rubber worms & had caught quite a few but I haven't heard anything else about that lake except from him. Less than 10 min from my place & would be nice for bank fish if it is actually a productive water.
I saw a school of some submarine sized carp in Delta pond, not fit to eat but would be some real drag burners!

F
Finneus Polebender
yellowjacket said:
Any of you ever fish the lake at Kirk Park across from the Fern Ridge dam? My neighbor told me last Nov. his daughters had fished it with rubber worms & had caught quite a few but I haven't heard anything else about that lake except from him. Less than 10 min from my place & would be nice for bank fish if it is actually a productive water.
I saw a school of some submarine sized carp in Delta pond, not fit to eat but would be some real drag burners!

Not this year, fished it during the summer couple years ago caught one three pounder on a spinner bait "which was tough to work in weeds" Caught 4others small on top water crank bait . Only fished it a few times but seemed a bit stingy on fish for the time of year. I do beliieve Riverfisher drilled a hog in there once, there do be fish in there fer sure.

F
Finneus Polebender
delta carp

delta carp

Yes Delta carp are some of the largest carp Ive ever seen close up. have seen them right between my pontoons some easy 4 ft models look like 20 plus pounders. Definitly ugly, sure babies make great bass chow though

T
Thuggin4Life
I have a friend who says there are some monster bass in Kirk. Been thinking about taking my boat there and trying my luck.

O
OregonBassTeam
I've fished that pond on several occassions and it seems to have a low population of fish, lots of bluegill and carp but bass are far and few between. Fern Ridge is a better bet

F
Finneus Polebender
Debating

Debating

Man I want to go but this damn wind Maybe it will die down

F
Finneus Polebender
get off early and damn the rain

get off early and damn the rain

yeah a little bummed want to fish "whats new" gonna head somewhere in the mornin may let delta rest thinkin Creswell the shallows of delta have been good to me though. Decisions, decisions

F
Finneus Polebender
Why be bummed

Why be bummed

Well it cleared up so went and grabbed Avid young fisher and we went to delta fought the wind the whole evening but Avid hooked one for about 30 sec on the first cast. both had a few bites then as we were leaving avid tied into one again in the same spot as the first cast lost him too. but whats that tell a guy????? Gonna be headin for creswell pond in the mornin havent fished it yet this year but love that place too. Any one been out ta creswell at all this year ? bring on the warmth we are ready ta fish! good luck people will see some of ya out there might have 1 extra seat will know by 10 or so later. Well sorry think other seat gone but see ya if you make it clear and cool this mornin gonna go give em hell any hooo gotta go fish

Last edited:
F
Finneus Polebender
Creswell

Creswell

hit her hard this mornin worked 2 hrs not even so much as a bite. Water level in front pond very low almost tough to get boat in water temp seemed warm. saw couple heron workin the newly exposed flats, and a couple osprey that look to have been dining well probably on the planted trout. Will try again as things warm up .

F
Finneus Polebender
delta evening

delta evening

Got 2 and a half in at delta this eve kinda slow had 1 on missed other two shots. Least we can get a bite there. great weather got a lot o practice on the cast n stuff. stayed windy again, not helpful who knows maybe tommorrow be better

T
tex19800
delta ponds

delta ponds

went to delta ponds today around 10 am and caught two bass over 4 lbs and another around 1 lbs and lost another 2 bass

F
-fishinaddict-
On what if you dont mind me asking cause i went down there didn't catch anything seen a bunch but they wouldnt bite any of my plastics

T
tex19800
delta pond

delta pond

i was use white and grey rubber minnos about 5" with no weight

F
Finneus Polebender
tex19800 said:
went to delta ponds today around 10 am and caught two bass over 4 lbs and another around 1 lbs and lost another 2 bass

Nice found a rare 1 lb model aye might have ta try some o them minnows

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Stay with it...

Stay with it...

Finneus Polebender;
Thanks for the report and for sticking it out at Delta. Keep at it, everyone says it is a great place and will surrender to you eventually. It is definitely appreciated when a member is so dedicated. Be safe.
Barb

Last edited:
F
Finneus Polebender
No thank you OFF

No thank you OFF

not a problem raincatcher as you can tell the new hasnt worn off the OFF yet its just one more great thing i can do that has ta do w/fishin >This is a great post, gettin to know some other bass freaks and dig the info sooooooo ill keep contributing what i can till ya get tired of me till then fish on

F
Finneus Polebender
The heat is helpin . Had a couple good ones on today one got two good runns on me then busted me off. Caught this little guy on a cast i gave up on just reelin in hooked himself anyhow still slow but bites comin back thank you mr sunshine Hey the little guy was warm enuff to chase

Reactions: Bfishin
B
Bfishin
Finneus Polebender said:
The heat is helpin . Had a couple good ones on today one got two good runns on me then busted me off. Caught this little guy on a cast i gave up on just reelin in hooked himself anyhow still slow but bites comin back thank you mr sunshine Hey the little guy was warm enuff to chase
Nice catch FP. Do you fish the pond that's West of the Hwy. or the East one?

F
Finneus Polebender
Bfishin said:
Nice catch FP. Do you fish the pond that's West of the Hwy. or the East one?

I fish the ones on the west side I like the one along the freeway and the biggest of the ponds behind it.The biggest one used to be my fave but due to restoration efforts have lost almost a third of the good holes on it.use to spend a bit of time in the ponds on back side of goodpasture loop but they have had even more extensive work done to them fished the udisturbed part last eve for last half hour and got one good bite. I have fished the east side only twice no luck but they sure do look like they would be good. have also spent a few hours in the narrow canal part that runs clear to beltline no luck again it was early this year but that spot looks totally yummy submerged trees galore

F
Finneus Polebender
4-23-09 wowsa

4-23-09 wowsa

Fishin finally gettin hot pulled out 11 fish for photo opps. this afternoon including my first hog o the year delta is really heatin up on the bite even got one of our new members into some fish Once again thank you mr sunshine.rest of the pics in album on profile fish on

Last edited: