Dad lost 7wt!!

M
metalfisher76
If anyone found my ol man`s 7wt Lammi w/pflueger medalist 1595-1/2 @ the parking lot, would ya pm me? He`s thinkin that he may have heard himself run over it awayz up from the parking lot.:shock::shock: But last remembers setting it the hood and getting ready to leave.
Thanx
Damon

O! I`ll do what I can for a reward. Show ya a lil sumpin on the crick or $50.... ??or sumpin...thanx

S
skunk
O man, I ran over mine two weeks ago...hope it shows up for him.

M
metalfisher76
me too! His Mom just got out of the hospital this morning. He runs up to get some water time and POW! not cool. He was not a happy camper right after he got here to my house. I was just waking up from a nap and like "!DUDE! I`ll take of ya!
He`s not workin and the fly rod be a man`s best friend at times!

L
lilsalmon
Damn....that sucks. Hope he finds it and tell him I say hey.

T
troutramp
Oh man thats sucks. I remember the second trip I guided, I had a couple from florida he was a charter boat captain he and his wife were retired school teachers and did some consulting with school districts across the country. I was nervous to say the least this guy took clients on a boat in the ocean for tarpon and snook, I was going to try and hook him into decent trout. To make it more interesting he tells me they have only been fly fishing for a year and a half, but they go on guided trips everywhere they go for thier consulting gig. he had been to Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, Montana ect. I was very nervous to say the least. So after being out on the creek for a couple of hours and hooking them into some Apache trout we ate lunch and I decided we were going to move locations. As we are pulling up the hill I look over to the console where my fly rods usually rest and noticed there not there I had left them on the roof of the landcruiser !!!!! two sage txl 4wts a lamson reel and a trout graphics Able my heart sank I was in shock at my oversight and embarrassed to boot. I slowly pulled over stepped out of the truck and spun to see if perhaps they were still there, and .............there they were they didn't look like they had even moved I had traveled about two miles out of the canyon I couldnt believe it. I quickly grabbed them and threaded them through the drivers side window and across the back seat and jumped in with out saying a word them we proceeded on to the next creek. I had also almost lost my camera that day by dropping it into the creek while netting a fish good thing its water proof.
After that day I decided I was not going to get nervous while guiding clients on fishing trips anymore. I couldnt Afford it! I also have mental checks I go through as I am packing up, but I still pull over and check sometimes especially if I am really tired after fishing all day.

C
ChezJfrey
That really sucks.

I can understand that his head is probably all not there to keep track of stuff considering the situation with his mom; this now makes a stressful situation just worse for him!

If he's not working and that's his only fly rod, I'd be willing to throw some money in toward a replacement...like $50 if you'll accept it. He can also use my 7-8 wt in the meantime...it's got a lifetime warranty, so no worries on damage or anything. I just got it, but I'm not really considering throwing flies to a steelhead until I figure them out better; I just use my 5 wt. on trout when I get frustrated on the steelhead hunt...hehehehe.

It's not as nice as a Lami, but it may as well get some use from a guy that knows what he's doing. Maybe it'll add some good mojo to the rod for me :)

Your dad's a nice guy and I'd hate for him to not have a good outlet for him during a rough patch.

Take care guys and I hope your grandmother recovers well.

B
bigsteel
ill throw in some money for a replacement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!