Cutthroat trout fishing…with a surprise

Grant22

Spent the day out at the coast today and had a lot of success. Lots of resident cutties and sea-runs. There are a lot of fish around, being mobile and covering water is the key. As far as Summer steelhead I caught 1…on my trout ultralight with a 1/8oz rooster tail which resulted in scrambling over rocks with a fish on gear that’s not meant to handle that sort of fish. I landed it and it was small but I still think that was pretty cool. No pic because it was wild and I was concerned about putting to much stress on it. Then went out to a hot surfperch bite after 2 when the river closed for the day. The fish are biting so go catch some.

Reactions: Fishsizzle, bass, Admin and 3 others
Kfreese91
Beautiful Fish! What river?

A
Anotherdude
Good to know they're still out there! Planning on hitting up the Nestucca real soon with the kayak and see what awaits.

akbrad
any other sea run cutty reports? I know there as a little rain in Tillamook area but not sure enough to encourage the run upstream... love to hear any recent cutty stories--Trask, Nestucca--as a shore fisher...

O
olshiftybiscuits
any other sea run cutty reports? I know there as a little rain in Tillamook area but not sure enough to encourage the run upstream... love to hear any recent cutty stories--Trask, Nestucca--as a shore fisher...
There are a few more fish in the system now than there were in early July but not many. We need rain.