Crystal Springs Rhodedendrone Garden

F
Fishtopher
Not really fishing at all I guess, but it's in the Willamette Zone:lol:!

Crystal Springs Rhodie Garden

Saw lottsa Carp in the lake!

F
Fishtopher
Crystal Springs Canyon

Crystal Springs Canyon

These photographs were taken in Crystal Springs Canyon on the Reed College Campus. Probably about 5 minutes from downtown Portland!

I think this could tie in to the OFF clean-up efforts mentioned in another thread...

Its amazing to me that most of SE Portland once looked just like this. And this is close to all that is left. In an area so beautiful, it was a bummer to see soda cans and beer bottles in the water. On the other hand, its nice to see a creek that doesn't have fishing line scattered along the banks!

Livingston13.5T
during the winter time with snow, it is a great photo place.

F
FishSchooler
That looks like a mini fish ladder! :lol: Perhaps there's some Salmon or Steelhead in there! :lol:

T
Troutier Bassier
Are u allowed to fish for the carp there?
That would be cool

T
Troutier Bassier
Have you ever heard of Anarchy Buddy?

K
kornphlake
Mt. Hood College has a pond you can fish, you may even be young enough to fish legally there.

T
Troutier Bassier
I am. I dont though, Not very good fishing there. From what ive heard

F
FishSchooler
Mt. Hood pond is actually stocked and mentioned in the regs, but this is a garden... with fountains n all.

T
Troutier Bassier
Still, Anarchy

Livingston13.5T
mt hood is actually a really good fishing spot, but now its only open to anyone 17 and under. during stocking weeks, i have never had a bad day at mt hood pond. but speaking of carp, blue lake is the spot.

M
m_vang
nice photos. those carp must have it good there, especially with no fishing and all.

F
FishSchooler
Still, Anarchy

You want to fish somewhere, whether legal or not, because you think there's nobody that cares or monitors the area?:think: That isn't very nice.

T
Troutier Bassier
Thats not what Anarchy Is.

F
FishSchooler
From Merriam-Webster...
Anarchy-a state of lawlessness, absence of order, so on.

And from dictionary.com...
Anarchy-
1. a state of society without government or law.
2. political and social disorder due to the absence of governmental control: The death of the king was followed by a year of anarchy.
3. a theory that regards the absence of all direct or coercive government as a political ideal and that proposes the cooperative and voluntary association of individuals and groups as the principal mode of organized society.
4. confusion; chaos; disorder: Intellectual and moral anarchy followed his loss of faith.

T
Troutier Bassier
Thats what it is. So That applyed to fishing would be Bad.

T
theboone
I've photographed a wedding there. No fishing going on there.