Coos Bay ling cod no boat

E
Eoughphily
I'm going to be in coos bay on Monday for work, when I'm done I plan on doing some fishing. I hear ling cod and rock fish are biting. Where are some good spots to go?

D
Denduran87
Did you make it out?

E
Eoughphily
I did not, it was windy and pouring down rain when I was down there. Maybe next time. I really want to try catching dome long cod or rock fish

S
SailCat
Next time you get the chance try the south jetty but be careful. I like to wear felt sole wading boots. I hope you have an opportunity soon as the lings are in shallower water NOW, preparing to spawn.

D
Denduran87
I'm in Bandon and would really like to give them a shot sometime. south jetty i imagine has to be a nice calm day to be reasonably safe?

S
SailCat
Calmer the better, Denduran. Certainly a day when the surf is laying down. Wind always sucks when fishing anywhere so check that as well!

D
Denduran87
Any idea on the best set up to stay out of the rocks but enticing for blacks and lings?

C_Run
C_Run
Denduran87 said:
Any idea on the best set up to stay out of the rocks but enticing for blacks and lings?

Try a big slip bobber like for salmon fishing and use a two hook set up like a mooching rig with a herring. Try 10 - 15' deep if conditions allow. Cast out and wait for the bobber down.

D
Denduran87
C_Run said:
Try a big slip bobber like for salmon fishing and use a two hook set up like a mooching rig with a herring. Try 10 - 15' deep if conditions allow. Cast out and wait for the bobber down.

as always you the man!

C_Run
C_Run
Denduran87 said:
as always you the man!

Hey , I just learned that right here on OFF from Coastaldweller and it worked the first time I did it.