Nice catch guys!

T
Throbbit _Shane
Way to go! nice fish :D

kirkster
kirkster
:shock:
JeannaJigs said:
Lol just 'cause my boat's fixed and I know how to do fiberglass repair now, doesn't mean you can take it down the river and put more holes in her. Come winter steelhead season, i'll hook you up with an open seat, since, I've proven that I can refrain from murdering you in my boat, and I'll be fishin' up your way.

I was wondering where my invite was. But its totally cool cause if you had to refrain from murdering autofisher. I have no doubt you you would kill me.:think:

I haven't had the privilidge of meeting him yet. But he seems like a much calmer guy than me. Lol
last time I fished the mac with jeanna. It was from the bank. So you had the ability to to at least get out of hearing distance. Ya just imagine having to sit next to me in a boat for 6-8 hours

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
kirkster said:
:shock:

I was wondering where my invite was. But its totally cool cause if you had to refrain from murdering autofisher. I have no doubt you you would kill me.:think:

I haven't had the privilidge of meeting him yet. But he seems like a much calmer guy than me. Lol
last time I fished the mac with jeanna. It was from the bank. So you had the ability to to at least get out of hearing distance. Ya just imagine having to sit next to me in a boat for 6-8 hours

The bank is always very close.

J
JeannaJigs
Lol indeed it is...Naw I'll take pretty much anyone out so long as they aren't sketchy, psycho, or someone that complains about it raining in January on the coast, or complains about being on the water too long. I fish from zero dark thirty until the sun goes down. Otherwise I'm pretty easy going...

troutdude
troutdude
If anyone complains about rain in January along the coast...I'd suspect that they may not be an Oregon nate.

J
JeannaJigs
Haha you'd be surprised. Lots of fair weather fishermen out there. They want a big burly winter steelhead but step out of the truck and immediately start complaining nonstop about the weather. I mean seriously. Go sit in your camp chair at the deadline of your choice shoulder to shoulder in July if ya don't like the cold...but I don't want to hear about it in my boat.

H
halibuthitman
JeannaJigs said:
Haha you'd be surprised. Lots of fair weather fishermen out there. They want a big burly winter steelhead but step out of the truck and immediately start complaining nonstop about the weather. I mean seriously. Go sit in your camp chair at the deadline of your choice shoulder to shoulder in July if ya don't like the cold...but I don't want to hear about it in my boat.
the most ridiculous things I have ever heard grown men say have all been in driftboats... in january....ya gotta stick and stay and make it pay- Brad

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
<~~ Fair weather fisherman.. Unless I'm stranded.

kirkster
kirkster
JeannaJigs said:
Lol indeed it is...Naw I'll take pretty much anyone out so long as they aren't sketchy, psycho, or someone that complains about it raining in January on the coast, or complains about being on the water too long. I fish from zero dark thirty until the sun goes down. Otherwise I'm pretty easy going...

Wow I thought I was the only one that still fished from dark thirty to dark thirty. Some say I'm. Crazy some say im nuts. I just say its dedication. So its gr.eat to see others seeing it the way I see it.l

J
JeannaJigs
GraphiteZen said:
<~~ Fair weather fisherman.. Unless I'm stranded.

you should do something about that mr avatar of a winter steelhead ;)...

brandon4455
brandon4455
kirkster said:
Wow I thought I was the only one that still fished from dark thirty to dark thirty. Some say I'm. Crazy some say im nuts. I just say its dedication. So its gr.eat to see others seeing it the way I see it.l

when i was about 12 to 14 we would wake up at 2 am and get ready in an hour and get to the river before the crowds showed up . but that was like 2006 when the runs were dynamite. it's always fun to get there as early as possible. now dad soen't like gettin up till6am...

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
JeannaJigs said:
you should do something about that mr avatar of a winter steelhead ;)...

In the upper corner you can see the sun.

J
JeannaJigs
GraphiteZen said:
In the upper corner you can see the sun.

Haha that's sad. You woulda died if you has gone the day rose and I planned...little frozen icicle you woulda been.

brandon4455
brandon4455
weather is not a factor in whether i go fishing or not. i dragged my dad out in the rain once when the river was blown out and still caught fish.

Last edited:
GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
JeannaJigs said:
Haha that's sad. You woulda died if you has gone the day rose and I planned...little frozen icicle you woulda been.

I'm not sure that's entirely fair.. I do good most of the time. I have even camped on a frozen ground. I woke up in the fetal position on top of a grass clump but I still slept ok.

L
lilsalmon
JeannaJigs said:

Dang...think about that every day.....shoulda been there instead of being homebound and gimpy........Still no cast, I am afraid I got an orthopedic doctor that likes to do surgery.....grrrrrrrrr

J
JeannaJigs
That blows rose. But that might be what it takes to get you healed up quicker. Ive lucked out so far in my misadventures and haven't needed the slice and dice

C
CoastieFlo
brandon4455 said:
when i was about 12 to 14 we would wake up at 2 am and get ready in an hour and get to the river before the crowds showed up . but that was like 2006 when the runs were dynamite. it's always fun to get there as early as possible. now dad soen't like gettin up till6am...

I know what you mean..........ive always been a valley dweller, now its peachy keen to be on the water in 15 minutes (the close places anyway). I dont know why I didn't live on the coast sooner.

brandon4455
brandon4455
CoastieFlo said:
I know what you mean..........ive always been a valley dweller, now its peachy keen to be on the water in 15 minutes (the close places anyway). I dont know why I didn't live on the coast sooner.

i get a rush from getting up early and gettin to the river fast. ive always wanted to live in otis on the salmon river.. i could walk or a ride a bike to every hole on that river (exept the barn and the bray hole boat only!) but ill settle for anywhere on the coast when i get a job and turn 18.

brandon