Coho regs update for lakes

rogerdodger
important update that confirms previous years 1 adult/1jack per day limit continues to apply on Siltcoos and Tahkenitch. (these details were missing in the new Regs booklet and online version). cheers, roger

September 28, 2016

Salem, Ore. – Fishery managers issued a temporary rule today to clarify bag limit regulations for the wild coho salmon fisheries in Siltcoos and Tahkenitch Lakes.
The action was taken because the bag-limit portions of the regulations were inadvertently removed during the 2016 Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations process.
The permanent rules for Siltcoos Lake (Southwest Zone) are:
  • Open for coho salmon Oct. 1 – Dec. 31
  • 1 wild adult coho and 1 jack coho may be harvested per day
  • No more than 5 wild coho, in aggregate from both the Northwest and Southwest angling zones, may be retained per year.
  • Coho angling allowed upstream of Hwy 101 bridge, downstream of railroad trestle on Maple Creek arm, and the Fivemile Road crossing on the Fiddle Creek arm.
  • Closed to two rod angling for all species during coho season.
The permanent rules for Tahkenitch Lake (Northwest Zone) are:
  • Open for coho salmon Oct. 1 – Dec. 31
  • 1 wild adult coho and 1 jack coho may be harvested per day
  • No more than 5 wild coho, in aggregate from both the Northwest and Southwest angling zones, may be retained per year.
  • Coho angling allowed upstream of Hwy 101 bridge, downstream of the first road crossing on Mallard Arm, and downstream of the 059 bridge on the five-mile arm.
  • Closed to two rod angling for all species during coho season.
http://www.dfw.state.or.us/news/2016/09_sept/092816.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
GaryP1958
If they show up!

rogerdodger
I'm not expecting many coho to return to the lakes, really weak run year for coho so far along the coast.

hobster
rogerdodger;n598942 said:
I'm not expecting many coho to return to the lakes, really weak run year for coho so far along the coast.

That sucks, I was hoping we could get out to Siltcoos and toss spinners together.

Reel_Deal
hobster;n598948 said:
That sucks, I was hoping we could get out to Siltcoos and toss spinners together.

If you do, count me in!

Reactions: rogerdodger
G
Gulfstream
Thanks for the 411

hobster
GoBlueFan;n598954 said:
If you do, count me in!

Right on. Let's hope a few show up!

rogerdodger
hobster;n598980 said:
Right on. Let's hope a few show up!

I am cautiously optimistic...it sure would be interesting to know who spotted the 'mistake' in the new regs..(wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more...).