Jordy
I do 30 main braid with 15 lb ultragreen exclusively from here on out

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Fishnbuck
Thanks
:thumb:

D
DrTheopolis
I've kicked it up to 10# from 8# this year. A little more water this spring.

Fishnbuck
D
DrTheopolis
I usually use 8# for chucking spinners. A little more water this year, and I had a spool of 10#. So 10# it is.

For backtrolling, my rod (or I sometimes use my buddy's, since it's a 10', which makes it easier to keep the lines apart) is spooled with 30# hi-vis, with 25# leader. I don't have to cast and retrieve while backtrolling. I use that same setup if I'm on the big water (Willy, Columbia).

And to answer your next question -- it's extremely rare I ever break OFF a springer (did snap OFF a winter about a month ago on 8#, which wasn't my first choice, but it was on the reel. But I hooked it out of a drift boat in fast water, and there was nowhere to get the boat slowed down... stuff happens).

I can't imagine going any heavier for tossing hardware in a trib. But to each their own.

B
bigcat
the clack getting a run of keeper springers in April, May and early June is a thing of the past. That run comes in late June, early July now. And what really sucks is the snaggers in the bowling alley hole are the ones who claim a majority of the fish tagged on the clack in that time frame.THUMBS DOWN!!! obviously the native stock hasn't skipped a beat. Nice feesh!!!

B
burlafisherman
Where in barton did you go? Or north of it?

B
burlafisherman
Its crazy how the salmon comes so late into the summer, even though they are "spring" salmon. Kind of crazy to think about.