Clackamas River

O
OnTheDrop
So, after some back outs at the coast the next two days, I'm back in the Valley through the weekend. I'm trying to book some seats out of my drift boat on the Clack tomorrow through Friday...

Also, since my OFFers have been kind so kind to me, I will be running the trips at 300$ for two as opposed to 350$.

This is when the Clack starts to turn on a bit, and can be a lot of fun! It's a more relaxing fishery than the coast with good opportunity.

It's also a great fishery for questions about steelheading techniques, and honing in on a skill you've been wanting to master.

Anyways, I thought I would reach out to you guys as I'm looking forward to being on the water the next few days.

Give me a ring or text:971-275-6725

Cheers,

S
Seahawkfan
Sending PM

D
DrTheopolis
If irresponsibility wins the day, maybe I'll see you out there on Friday.

Not sure what drift we're doing -- maybe Feldies' to Carver, depending on how early we get out.

T
troutmasta
DrTheopolis said:
If irresponsibility wins the day, maybe I'll see you out there on Friday.

Not sure what drift we're doing -- maybe Feldies' to Carver, depending on how early we get out.

Got a nice nate today-

Get em

B
BaldTexan
Damn! Already have plans for tomorrow....but I'll be talking to you soon. Leave some in there for me! :thumb:

D
DrTheopolis
Should be getting a crack-of-9:30 start. I'll keep an eye out for Tanner, since I know what he looks like and what he rows now.

O
OnTheDrop
Sounds good Doc. Depending how Portland treats me tonight, I may or may not be out there. Give me a holllllllla if you see me.

D
DrTheopolis
How about rather than a holllla, I give you a beer/bowl?

O
OnTheDrop
Lol. Sounds good!

R
rowlison
So heading out today to carver heard there is bank access, this is my first time going after steelhead so any tips should be great. I am sure not being in a boat is not the best way but still gonna try! Thanks

T
troutmasta
C
ChezJfrey
troutmasta said:
use pink.

Took note and heading out now. Will let you know if pink was the ticket.

C
ChezJfrey
troutmasta said:
use pink.

Spent a couple hours, no action. Got a call from my 72 year old 'coach' and heeded his advice. Using 'old reliable' I hooked a fish, jump, pull, pull, pull, jump, lost.

But troutmasta is a liar...what the fish bit wasn't even remotely pink ;)

C
cddunn
ChezJfrey said:
Spent a couple hours, no action. Got a call from my 72 year old 'coach' and heeded his advice. Using 'old reliable' I hooked a fish, jump, pull, pull, pull, jump, lost.

Now that you mention it, troutmasta once gave me a lure (on the Clackamas), and all I caught with it was a rock, some fishing line, or a branch or something. :)

T
troutmasta
ChezJfrey said:
What about 3 you probably whiffed:lol:?
cddunn said:
Now that you mention it, troutmasta once gave me a lure (on the Clackamas), and all I caught with it was a rock, some fishing line, or a branch or something. :)

Nice to hear from you! Still fisihing the same waters?

Last edited:
C
cddunn
troutmasta said:
Minus the 3 you probably whiffed:lol:
Nice to hear from you! Still fisihing the same waters?

Well, you might have pointed out where the steelhead were hanging out also. I mostly fish the Wilson.