Clack or Sandy?

J
JeeperGal
I am planning on doing a bit of fishing for a couple hours while my kid is in school tomorrow.. so it has to be close.

Last time I was at the garbage hole it was full of fish but nothing was in the mood to bite.

Oxbow would be the closest place for me to go fishing but I am wondering if it is too late for salmon there? Are the steelhead in?

I have still never caught a salmon though I have tried so hard this year. Frustrating, but I know when I finally do hook into one it will be sooooo worth it.

L
lilsalmon
I know how you feel...my not getting one is kind of my own fault since I have been hitting water that seems to lack salmon...I love those trout tho. I think I am going to get more serious about getting me one tho...good luck to you tomorrow

B
boomstick
If I knew I would help ya. I'm in the same boat, not knowing where the best opportunities are right now. I hope someone can help. I know you will catch one and someday I will too!

M
mgman6000
My son and i have been trying for almost a year I watch people on this site show their fish but mostly never give up where they are fishing I have gone to Ox Bow garbage hole hiked into the fish hatchery and not even a hit I'm using the same thing as other people and I see fish coming out. It is really discouraging
I guess the Coho run is over and maybe we will get a steelhead before the license runs out.

troutdude
troutdude
Yep. The winter steelhead runs are just around the corner. My dad always used to hit the Alsea on Thanksgiving day every year; cuz that's the time to go.

B
beaverfan
If your interested in catching Coho the Sandy is by far your best option right now.

M
metalfisher76
Hit the Sandy. It`ll fish tomorrow. Go high.

D
dud3r
metalfisher76 said:
Hit the Sandy. It`ll fish tomorrow. Go high.

Not to jack the thread or anything but what about the wilson or something out that way? Bad idea?

S
SALTYFISH
dud3r said:
Not to jack the thread or anything but what about the wilson or something out that way? Bad idea?

The wilson has a active mud slide wright now. so i think i would wait a couple days after rain. but u never know till u go.

F
Fishtopher
I'd fish Sandy between Oxbow and ol' Marmot Dam. Big stretch, but plenty of opportunity in it.

J
JeeperGal
Thanks all :) Will let you know how I do.

A
alm21
mgman6000 said:
My son and i have been trying for almost a year I watch people on this site show their fish but mostly never give up where they are fishing I have gone to Ox Bow garbage hole hiked into the fish hatchery and not even a hit I'm using the same thing as other people and I see fish coming out. It is really discouraging
I guess the Coho run is over and maybe we will get a steelhead before the license runs out.

You're going to the right places just don't settle in once you get there if they aren't biting, go on the move and hike the river. A lot of people have their preferences for set ups. Mine is spinners using #4 blue fox and color depends on the conditions.

C
chrisohm
alm21 said:
You're going to the right places just don't settle in once you get there if they aren't biting, go on the move and hike the river. A lot of people have their preferences for set ups. Mine is spinners using #4 blue fox and color depends on the conditions.

A better suggestion would be to give colors that work for you on that river. Also, tell him if he should hike upstream or downstream. If you know the area give some info on a hole that you know produces and the landmarks associated with it. Depends on conditions doesn't help anyone to determine what color to use. I understand that you are trying to be helpful but you should take it to the next level and send him a PM with worthwhile info rather than keep him in the dark and keep it a guessing game. Sorry to be a nit pick but I see this all too often on this site where a question is asked and the answers given are just leaving the questionnaire in the dark and frustrated. If I knew a good hole or hot river I would be telling everyone and their dog to get out there, what rigs are working best, the water conditions and anything else I felt would be valuable. If that made someone mad, that is not my problem, they chose to get upset and if it was a guide and could hurt his business I wouldn't care since not everyone can afford the cost of having a guide and there is enough water to share in our lovely state.

B
beaverfan
chrisohm said:
A better suggestion would be to give colors that work for you on that river. Also, tell him if he should hike upstream or downstream. If you know the area give some info on a hole that you know produces and the landmarks associated with it. Depends on conditions doesn't help anyone to determine what color to use. I understand that you are trying to be helpful but you should take it to the next level and send him a PM with worthwhile info rather than keep him in the dark and keep it a guessing game. Sorry to be a nit pick but I see this all too often on this site where a question is asked and the answers given are just leaving the questionnaire in the dark and frustrated. If I knew a good hole or hot river I would be telling everyone and their dog to get out there, what rigs are working best, the water conditions and anything else I felt would be valuable. If that made someone mad, that is not my problem, they chose to get upset and if it was a guide and could hurt his business I wouldn't care since not everyone can afford the cost of having a guide and there is enough water to share in our lovely state.

Good grief dude, you gonna tell him how to wear his hair too?

troutdude
troutdude
I was wondering the same thing Beav. Maybe how to tie his shoes too.

C
chrisohm
beaverfan said:
Good grief dude, you gonna tell him how to wear his hair too?

No. Hair is not important to me at all and neither are your comments. I unlike some people would give you as much detailed info as possible to help you better understand the water you want to fish on. If you follow the issues some people have you discover how little information is given to someone who really wants to catch a fish. I may hurt the guide business around here, I may give up some of your precious secret fishing holes but I could care less. These waters are here for us to share just as the the secrets we have to landing those fish. That is the idea of this community. If you have a problem with that then just add me to your ignore list.

troutdude
troutdude
If his comments aren't important to you, then why did you reply at all??? Maybe your having a bad hair day.

Sure is weird how you get on here and BEECH about other peeps; then turn around and do the same damn thing.

B
beaverfan
chrisohm said:
No. Hair is not important to me at all and neither are your comments. I unlike some people would give you as much detailed info as possible to help you better understand the water you want to fish on. If you follow the issues some people have you discover how little information is given to someone who really wants to catch a fish. I may hurt the guide business around here, I may give up some of your precious secret fishing holes but I could care less. These waters are here for us to share just as the the secrets we have to landing those fish. That is the idea of this community. If you have a problem with that then just add me to your ignore list.

Dude I"m the guy who started/created the Wilson River fishing map on here I know all about sharing! (I learned in pre-school) Telling someone how they should have replied is just dumb! (that's what you did) If people want to learn fishing all they have to do is read, that's how most of us learned a lot of what we know why do some people deserve the easy way out when others (like me and most of this site) have spent years learning to try and perfect our craft? Most of the rivers I fish couldn't handle the fishing pressure of too many more fisherman, why over-burden a fish population?