Cedar Creek tomorrow

T
troutmasta
FishAssassin said:
Question? If you have hip waders and you tried crossing the log would you be able to make it to the other side without getting your clothes wet at this water level?

Some one died falling off the log with hip waders last year! plus you wouldnt be able to cross the next half of the island. The tree is only half the battle, it takes you to the island. you have to cross the water on the back of the island. And right know its at about 3 feet.

F
FishAssassin
Very true thank you. I have not fished there since last Fall. I wanted to point a guy to the Cedar Creek area but he has hip waders. Safety first! By the way how did the water look today anybody want to comment? Some guy from another website is saying the water is a chocolate milk shake brown and blown out. And he is saying the sheriff is on his boat heading over to cut the tree up that is laying across the river. I say BS but I have seen the Sandy turn chocolate very quickly from mudslides upriver. Can make a good fishing day very short. Comments?

B
beaverfan
FishAssassin said:
Question? If you have hip waders and you tried crossing the log would you be able to make it to the other side without getting your clothes wet at this water level?

You could cross the log just as safely as someone in full waders, but once you get to the island you won't be able to cross the rest of the river.

T
troutmasta
FishAssassin said:
Very true thank you. I have not fished there since last Fall. I wanted to point a guy to the Cedar Creek area but he has hip waders. Safety first! By the way how did the water look today anybody want to comment? Some guy from another website is saying the water is a chocolate milk shake brown and blown out. And he is saying the sheriff is on his boat heading over to cut the tree up that is laying across the river. I say BS but I have seen the Sandy turn chocolate very quickly from mudslides upriver. Can make a good fishing day very short. Comments?
cutting down the tree would lead do desperate people desperate things. Cops are dumb...oops did i say that. (probably one of the less educated things I've said) but really think outside the box. now people are going to be cruisung arcross the rapids in10$ wal mart rafts. With full waders, felt boots, and a buddy to cross with you the log is one of the safer crossings Ive seen. Leave it alone.

F
FishAssassin
I am just saying this is info from a post I read on "another" fishing website. This could be BS? Or the tree will stay and the water looks clear and is dropping like it should be. I was thinking about heading down there one of these days but if the tree is gone and the water might be muddy due to a landslide I would rather save my gas money and not waste my time.

T
troutmasta
FishAssassin said:
I am just saying this is info from a post I read on "another" fishing website. This could be BS? Or the tree will stay and the water looks clear and is dropping like it should be. I was thinking about heading down there one of these days but if the tree is gone and the water might be muddy due to a landslide I would rather save my gas money and not waste my time.
I hear ya. Ill be there monday and will let you know for sure. There are some big fish in that water right now.

F
Fishtopher
The tree you speak of from that other web site is different than the one at Ceder Creek. Water was nice and green when I was there.

ON a side note, I musta parked next to Fish Head Mafia...or at least a truck that has the Fish Head Mafia sticker in the back window!

B
bigsteel
be careful out there crossing any river,,,,,i was wadin the banks the other day and a big 20 pound limb broke off and came down right next to me,,,within a foot of me