Catching cutties in my new waders

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Got out classes today at 2:45 and when I got home headed to the Mary's River. Now that I live in Corvallis because I'm a college freshman I've been looking for new places to fish and the Mary's produced today. After fishing a lot of good looking trout water with a bobber/worm combo, (kills on the Siletz), I only got one bobber down and missed the hook set. Worked my way down stream where I eventually switched to a Black with Yellow spotted Panther Martin and the rest was history. I don't know what it is about that spinner color and cutthroat but they love it. Caught a total of seven fish ranging from 6-9". I love natives because they fight so much better than planters. Heading back there tomorrow with a couple friends.
130415_0000.jpg 130415_0002.jpg
And I do apologize for the fish picture. I know it doesn't look like proper/ethical C&R but I was so excited to finally catch something that I forgot to be more careful. But he swam away healthy and strong.

M
Modest_Man
Just FYI, no bait on the Mary's until after April 26th. A beaver should be smart enough to read the regulations.

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Haha well it's a good thing I switched to the spinner. I'm so used to Siletz where baits allowed all year

E
eugene1
Nice that you got out for some action, Siletz.

What kind of new waders did you get?

Best,

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
The waders I got were just the decently priced ones from Cabelas haha

E
eugene1
thanks,

S
Spydeyrch
Modest_Man said:
Just FYI, no bait on the Mary's until after April 26th. A beaver should be smart enough to read the regulations.

Maybe he's a duck at heart ..... that would explain the slip-up, right. :lol:

hahahahahahahaha

J/K

-Spydey

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Haha good one Spydey. But no I am not a duck and never will be. Born and Raised a Beaver Believer! But I just totally spaced checking the regs for the Mary's and I'm so used to the Siletz where baits allowed 24/7 365. But now I know the rules and I'm only bring Panthers and Roosters until April 27th

troutdude
troutdude
Spydeyrch said:
Maybe he's a duck at heart ..... that would explain the slip-up, right. :lol:

hahahahahahahaha J/K -Spydey

Exactly what I was thinking!

BTW, bobber n' worms do work well on the Mary's and the Alsea too. Those were my native rivers, as a youngster.

Ummm...like...when it is actually legal! ha ha

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Well you guys should know I'm not duck because I didn't leave all my trash laying on the bank, beer bottles everywhere, and I safely released all the cuts I caught.

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Went back today with a buddy of mine. He caught I think 7 and I only caught 1! Caught mine on a Green/Orange rooster tail and he caught his on an orange blue fox and the black/yellow panther martin.

R
Rock10
Bead fishing has always been good for on small streams like that. Just toothpick a couple beads a few inches above a plain small hook , and drift it.

hobster
hobster
SiletzTroutKiller said:
Well you guys should know I'm not duck because I didn't leave all my trash laying on the bank, beer bottles everywhere, and I safely released all the cuts I caught.

Ouch!! We'll take that as a joke, all my fishin buddies are the exact opposite and clean other peoples trash. Do I smell envy?! :naughty: Go Ducks!

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Well hobster atleast you live in Eugene. Unlike half the state's duck fan population.

hobster
hobster
No bandwagon here! Spring game next Saturday, last years was a blast!

Last edited:
SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Well atleast you're true blue, or should I say true green/yellow haha. I can stand real duck fans its the "I've been a duck all my life" (in reality only for like 4 years) people who are from Portland/Salem I can't stand.