Can somebody give me advice please!?

F
fishingfreak
Actually if you want a Berkely IM8 Bi-Mart has them on sale for $69.99. I bought one yesterday. Yes it is a really good pole for the price.
LA

C
Coastalfisherman
Get a Berkley IM8 from Bimart and a matching Shimano spinning reel. Should be near your $100 price range. Fill it with 120 yards of Maxima 12lb test and you will be set for summer and winter fish. Good luck and be sure to let us know how it goes!

M
Mad dog
Mike123 said:
Berkely IM8... dude for the money I don't think any rod compares to it for around $80...
8-12lb... all around perfect rod for anything..
I just landed a 16lb chinook on my old IM7.. I had it flexed at the reel.. I thought this thing was gonna break..

What Mike said!!!

Berkley IM7, 8-12 lb, medium fast action, 8'6", light enough you can still enjoy the fight of a 5 lb summer run yet heavy enough to have a chance at landing a decent sized springer! A tough as nails rod for the money! My son has one and absolutely loves it! He has caught 100's of Steelhead, Chinook and Coho on it, very versitile rod weight.

Here is a pic of him posing with a hard won springer that took every bit of 30 minutes to land on his IM7 bait casting set up.
SANY0480.jpg

Last edited:
W
waco
thank you all. I got yesterday a IM8 berkley with a shimano reel i spend about 130 bucks in all my set so now im ready i just need the rivers calming down!