Calling Some Bluffs

O
OnTheFly
Like anything else, there is something I will call the interest threshhold. You will obtain the equipment to fit your needs depending on how much you enjoy doing what ever it is. If you only get out and do some activity a few times a year, then only moderate equipment is needed. For instance, if you only play golf on occasion why would you buy a set of Calloways? If you ski twice a year why would you buy top end skiis boots and bindings? My point is, once you realize that you have a passion for something you will want the best equipment to execute what ever it is you enjoy most.

Whoa:shock: Sorry....kinda got carried away. Didn't mean to get so deep

M
macken
There is nothing wrong with starting with a combo rod and reel. It will serve you well. I do have a problem with the real cheap combos that come with level fly line. This is just running line and you are going to have problems trying to cast it. There is plenty of useable line the 35=40 dollar range that will work fine for years if taken care of. Most combos in the price you are refering to are of moderate action and this will actually help your casting. There is no way around the fly line though; just plan on having to buy or even check out the pawn shops and second hand stores. Great place to get equip. Good fishing

K
ketts05
once again thanks for the advice. seems like if I am going to start spending money somewhere a new line is on the agenda for me.