Brooders!!!!!!

M
mrlindeman
Oh ok drew I was just confused lol. I did not think to post this in the video section. Sorry Mods :) It can be moved if needed. Yea i think its great that that little pond prodused some great fun fishing, regardless of my poopy casting lol. I need more instruction on that lol. But in any case I dont mind folks knowing where I fish. Just as long as they dont show up and act like jerks thats all. I dont tolerate intentional line crossing and dirty dealing on the water. I have had more problems with people at places like wirth than good days. I love it when good people like fello OFF'ers show up though. I always have a good time. :) Thats why I like this forum. If people arent Jerks to me while I fish then Im happy, and they wont go home lookin like a drowned rat. Simple as that lol :)

M
mrlindeman
Drew9870 said:
Oh, ya, Jaydee was there too. lol.

Yes mrlindeman it JAY-DEE not JAY-P. :lol:

Oops lol Sorry Jay-D

Sigh.... That first Brood Stock came in like a beached Whale. He just sais yup Im done, pick me up my fins are tired ugh lol

Last edited:
T
Throbbit _Shane
Cool brooders!

You smoke it?

M
Moe
sweet video!! Nice fish Drew!

D
Drew9870
Throbbit _Shane said:
Cool brooders!

You smoke it?

Tried that.... It just wouldn't hold a cherry.

Those hatchery fish do have better quality meat since I last checked, and that was probably about 8-9 years ago, I'm gonna start keeping them and smoking them, already got two in the freezer ready for smoking this weekend and gave two away, the meat looks just as good as the Winter Steely's I tagged in early December.

Hopefully I can get one or two more before all goes in the smoker, I usually give some to a few different neighbors, including Grandpa, I'll just have to convince Grandpa it's Steelhead and not hatchery pond Brooder, I don't think he has had hatchery fish since the new diet, probably think I put red food coloring in the meat :lol:.

T
Throbbit _Shane
I enjoy smoked hatchery trout. But iv yet to smoke a big brooder. They dont really have a brooder program down here like they do up north. I have noticed the red meat on hatchery trout lately too. I need to go catch some fish for my smoker, havent had any in a couple months.