BROODERS are coming!!!

A
A_J-Llama
Maybe not as crowded, at least during the week. They stock 1/3 as many trout as Wirth, I woudn't say better, just a little different. I've only fished it 3 times, skunked all 3, but have been skunked at Wirth this year too. It would be worth checking out for ya since they are so close together, if you don't like what you see, you can easily switch to the other. You live close enough, it just gives you more options. : )

F
fishy4
yeah i will check it out decided the little car probably can't make it through the crap out there so i will probably get rigged up for tuesday. are there any other good places to catch trout around here?

A
A_J-Llama
Minto Brown has some ponds, good for warm-water species. If you Google TerraServerUSA or Trails.com you can access topo maps of the area and zoom in and scan the areas you want for lakes and such. I use them to map out hunting and fishing trips all the time. You can print out the maps and make yourself your own private directory of places to check out.I also own one of the best resource guides there is called"Fishing in Oregon" (the complete oregon fishing guide)10th edition(published in 2005) bought it at Fisherman's warehouse($29.95). Costly but lists almost every body of water in the state, some not much bigger than a mud puddle : ) It's one of my best investments, has more than 1200 bodies of water and 100's of maps.

Last edited:
F
fishy4
alright cool thank you very much. you should check out ollalie lake in the mount hood natiuonal forest ive had 30 fish days and i have caught an 11 pound bow there. wait til june fishing at its best.i will be on tomorrow take it easy.

G
Gramps
A_J-Llama said:
Just got back, saw 3 brooders caught at JCP, 1 on cooked shrimp(about a 7 lb-er), 1 on a spinner(prob 12 lbs), and the other on a spoon, kastmaster I think
One more was caught, must have been after you left on a crappie jig and it was on his first cast. Three of the 4 were steelhead, 1 was a brooder, the 12 pounder I think.

A
A_J-Llama
I did see a guy fishing by the dock as I was leaving with a crappie jig set up, and minutes before, saw the guy on the dock carry his net down to someone. Wish I could have hooked up with you and chatted about some better techniques, I can't seem to get one on and would love to learn what I'm doing wrong. I even saw one fin by about 8 ft out teasing me. Hopefully next time I'm down you might give me a couple pointers, I drive a silver volvo and wearing a hooded camo carhart jacket, if you don't mind that is.

F
fishy4
is jcp better than wirth and walling? and how far away is it

A
A_J-Llama
almost to Eugene on 99w, take the Harrisburg exit off I-5 or drive down 99w, the advantage is the steelhead. The pond is 3-4 miles south of Junction City on the right and approx. same size as Walling. Also the gas prices in JC is $1.62/gal, a little cheaper than up here, I filled up on the way back yesterday.

F
fishy4
can you bait fish for steelies there? and are trout easy to catch? trying to get my gf into her first trout

G
Gramps
Not many steelies caught on bait, but the brooder will take bait. Both will hit on lures. I was there a couple hours today. Not many fishermen, and I did not see any taken

F
fishy4
alright well thanks for all your help. i will be sure and keep you guys posted on how i do

T
Theo
Steelies

Steelies

STEELIES!!!!!!!!!!! NEAR MY HOME!!!!!!!!!! Well that is just great. Never fished for steel in a pond though. I wonder if the techniques are any different from a river. Gonna have to make it out there soon though for a great first time at JC.

A
A_J-Llama
Read back through the threads for things to try, Gramps seems to be the resident pro on the JCP steelies. Hope to hook up with him in the future and let him teach this old dog some good tricks, He's da MAN !!! Good Luck to Ya!!!

F
fishy4
anyone head out to walter or walling or jcp today?

S
Smokey McFisher
fishy4 said:
hahah no im not riding a bike but thanks. all right so is wirth better then? do you have to hike into walling? i just want to catch a dang trout small or big.

my friend and i goto both walling and wirth all the time for both trout and sometimes bass if you ever want to hook up and fish. we have had good luck at wirth, so so luck at walling. did get a couple 3+ lb largemouth from wirth one day. so if your ever looking for a fishing buddy hit me up sometime. i might brave the snow this week and get me some crawdads for bait and get me a fish :dance: but we will see how the weather is tomorrow.

F
fishy4
very cool. would love to go out and do some fishing again kind of cold and wet but i will see what i can do. me and the gf are mostly into bait fishing but i have got a variety of poles and four tackle boxes full a gear mostly poowerbait for trout. has anyone had any luck at wirth recently think weather is really messing the bite up

I
ITSINTHEMOUTH
Does Anyone know what day next week they gonna stock the broods again?

F
Fishtopher
:lol:Welcome to the show,ITSINTHEMOUTH!! I LOVE your screen name. Is there a story to it? Boy, I'd love to hear it.
I dont know, I only know that they are stockin' some bigguns!:dance:

:think:Do you think people yell "It's in tha mouth!!" when trout fishing too?:yay:

F
fishy4
did anyone head out today?

I
ITSINTHEMOUTH
Fishtopher said:
:lol:Welcome to the show,ITSINTHEMOUTH!! I LOVE your screen name. Is there a story to it? Boy, I'd love to hear it.
I dont know, I only know that they are stockin' some bigguns!:dance:

:think:Do you think people yell "It's in tha mouth!!" when trout fishing too?:yay:

Haha, Thanks Fishtopher. Glad to be a member of this awesome forum. :D Yes I do think people yell its in the mouth when they are goin for the brood rainbows when fishin a spinner or spoon...As i've seen a lot snagged.