BROODERS are coming!!!

S
Smokey McFisher
well im going to try and head out to either cascasde or walling today, if you see 2 guys, 1 with really long hair, riding bikes around the ponds im the short haired one. ill let everyone know if i get that monster!

F
Fishydog
I've seen 'em

I've seen 'em

Hit Salish pond this morning with my son, did some boberin' and threw some spinners but nothing. :( We did see a guy carring a nice one had to be 13-15 lbs. :shock: and another getting netted on the other side of the pond :clap:. Will have to go back again this week :pray:. Water was 50 degrees.

M
mgdguy
Fishydog said:
Hit Salish pond this morning with my son, did some boberin' and threw some spinners but nothing. :( We did see a guy carring a nice one had to be 13-15 lbs. :shock: and another getting netted on the other side of the pond :clap:. Will have to go back again this week :pray:. Water was 50 degrees.
So it's confirmed that they're in there! Thanks for the report - I'm hoping to throw in soon now as well.

18406ej
18406ej
Hit Walter Wirth his morning for a few hours- Froze my hands and feet, and didn't see anyone have much action, although the place was packed. I personally didn't get anything, went through KastMasters, spinners and PowerBait with no luck. Hopefully one of you did some good out there today?

A
A_J-Llama
Saw one caught at Wirth 2day, was caught on power bait, guy didn't know what he was doin, was something to watch. He didn't have a net and no one offered to help, he scooped it up and tossed it up the bank till he could put it on a stringer. A regular of the area told me he saw someone takeout 4 brooders yesterday, the guy was snaggin them with a Kastmaster with a huge treble on it, wish people like that would get caught and ticketed. The bite was light today and had bait stolen several times, and the guy next to me had one on a kastmaster but it broke off. I fished from 10 till about 3:30 and only saw the one caught, still good to get out there.

R
rainbowfisherman
was also at wirth today saw two get caoght both on powerbait.

Last edited:
M
mgdguy
Any more reports of brooders being landed at Salish Pond?

F
fish_on!!!
salish

salish

Was at salish from 2 2 5 saw about 5 pulled out by pb no luck here tho

S
Smokey McFisher
went to wirth today from about 10 to 5 and NOTHING. we tryed lures, raw shrimp, cooked shrimp, pb, worms, fake worms, bobber/bottom and not one bite lol. i think we even tryed a chunk of raw bacon. (crawdad bait lol) saw one guy on a boat hook one, and saw it jump clear out of water 2 times, but it either threw the hook or broke the line on the 2nd jump. man it was a monster though. didn't see anyone else having any luck though. we'll see what tomorrow brings.

M
mgdguy
salish

salish

Was at Salish with my 9 year old son for a little bit this afternoon - wind was BLISTERING so we didn't stay long. But in the hour we were there 3 brooders were landed - two by the same guy. One was a monster too. The guy was plunking out (don't know how far) with a couple feet of leader and powerbait.

F
fishy4
i have been to walter wirth 4 times only had one bite. i like to use powerbait. i was wonder what i am doing wrong or is everyone running into this problem? what color of powerbait works best here? it would be greatly appreciated if i could have some help. thanks

A
A_J-Llama
I think we are all experiencing the same thing, I saw about 20-30 people fishing and only a couple fish caught, and they were caught on power bait. Did see one break off caught on a kastmaster, but for the most part they are biting very light and and not often after the first day they are put in. I think the weather system moving through has a lot to do with it as well, pressure dropping does affect the fish too. Thinking about heading to JCP tomorrow but may only make it to Wirth, depending on whether we get that snow in the AM. Everyone has been using chart. ,sherbert, corn, pb and I even tried salmon egg flavor with no results, so I don't think it is a color issue. Use scent and watch your line closely is the best advice I can give you. Good luck and Better Fishing

F
fishy4
hey i think i met you there the other day i was the guy with my girlfriend fishing by the dock? we were all talking when the asian guy bagged the 8 pounder. the hit i got on my rods the other day was pretty big everyone except me saw it lol. i use shrimp scent and rainbow powerbait usually. was anyone catching anything today?

A
A_J-Llama
That was me, didn't go yesterday, but heading to JCP this morning, may swing by Wirth on way back if things are slow down south. I didn't stay much longer than you, was going to Walling but gf had a crisis and had to head back home.

F
fishy4
Ive been using an 18 in. leader is that about right? You know by any chance how far out people there are casting? How was JCP today?

Last edited:
F
fishy4
Anyone Get Out At Walter Or Walling Today?

A
A_J-Llama
Just got back, saw 3 brooders caught at JCP, 1 on cooked shrimp(about a 7 lb-er), 1 on a spinner(prob 12 lbs), and the other on a spoon, kastmaster I think, couldn't get close enough to see for sure. Stopped at Wirth and Walling on the way home, but nothing to report, the guys I talked to didn't see anything caught all day. Should have stayed home, took me 2 hrs + to get home from Salem when it normally takes 25 minutes. Not a good day to be without 4-wheel drive that's for sure.

F
fishy4
yeah it dumped a bit a snow for a while. glad to hear people are still hooking up with some broods lmao. you going to head out tommorow? i think i am going to try my luck for a few hours at the wirth. i can't figure out how to get to walling. is it even any better?

A
A_J-Llama
Walling is only about a mile west of Wirth, off McGilchrist on 16th. From Wirth, go down to 23rd, turn left and go to end(McGilchrist), turn right and go to next street to the right, turn the corner and you are there. Much smaller than Wirth, inlet is all the way back on the right side, and the outlet is all the way back down the left side. Parking lot is on the north end of the lake. there is a deep slot running down the west bank and the deepest hole is on the south end. The level was up a foot or so and couldn't see the rocky point on the sw corner, I've heard it's good for bass back there but haven't fished it enough to know for sure. And no I won't be down tomorrow, my road is currently a sheet of ice and if I don't have to go out, I won't, not even to go fishing. I didn't think I was going to make it back home today after my little jaunt, And if you are riding your bike, you better dress warmer than the last time I saw you there. Good Luck & Good Fishin

Last edited:
F
fishy4
hahah no im not riding a bike but thanks. all right so is wirth better then? do you have to hike into walling? i just want to catch a dang trout small or big.

Last edited: