Boat launch, South Yamhill River

W
Winterstyres
New member
Can you drift, and if so, where is a place you can launch a drift boat for the South Yamhill River? I just moved to Sheridan, and I am trying to find a new river to Drift.
 
I'm not sure where you can launch; but check out the Yamhill Locks area. There are multiple species of fish in there!
 
Yeah, my Dad said something about hearing the you could drift the upper river, somewhere between Willamina and the Locks. Wasn't any good for fishing really, but great for Deer Hunting. So I figured there must be somewhere to launch a drift boat. Wouldn't mind even catching some Carp or Bass even as crab bait.
 
There are places to launch and get out but don't know where. Some parts of the river have been log jammed for years. You can see a log jam from 99 outside Whiteson under the train bridge.
 

Similar threads

H
Replies
3
Views
584
Hankb
H
C
Replies
1
Views
387
Davpot
D
StillCreekSam
Replies
5
Views
352
StillCreekSam
StillCreekSam
V
Replies
1
Views
569
kemfish
kemfish
R
Replies
6
Views
2K
troutdude
troutdude
Back
Top Bottom