N
nwkiller
nicely done my friend!

P
PNW Sam
That's awesome! Very nice bro.

jamisonace
jamisonace
We spent less than 30 minutes hiking for Chanterelles but it wasn't working out with the rain and a two year old. I wish we would have had some to go with the fish. Yeah, I'm not surprised you didn't see the truck. We caught each of the fish less than an hour into the float and then packed up and got back to the rest of the family as soon as we caught them. We weren't on the river very long at all. I'll be heading back next week so I'm hoping the fishing stays good.

This doesn't make much sense since I didn't inlclude c-run's comments. See above if you feel lost. haha

Last edited:
F
Finneus Polebender
Nice missed out this year on the turkey day run hope to get another shot if not I think there are gonna be some local alternatives!

M
Mad dog
jamisonace said:
Mad dog, I notice your from Roseburg. I grew up in Melrose just west of town on the South Umpqua. I've always loved North River boats since I was young. It's too bad the turn of events over the past years with the company but I really like this boat. Yeah, this photo is going in a frame to display. It just turned out really nice. I even had the owner of the Battle Rock Motel in Port Orford request one for her brag board.

Ha,ha....I live in Melrose!!! :lol: I live in the Flournoy valley area, small world!!! It's not bad where I live....I have the North, the South and the main Umpqua within 5 miles of my house! 35 miles over the hill and I'm on the Coos or the Coquille! ;)

J
JonBouy
Where do you go to catch fish like this!? I live in eugene and am on the hunt for my first salmon. Foul hooked one last month and have been out almost daily since with no luck. Any ideas or help would be much appreciated!

S
steelhead_slayer
That is an awesome picture jamisonace. Thank you for sharing and congrats!!!

C
cowboysfan
That is a beautiful fish jamisonace,

jamisonace
jamisonace
Thanks for finding this old thread. Reminds me of some great times with my boys.

This fish was caught the day after Thanksgiving on the Elk. You won't have a shot at these for another 5 months.

Focus your efforts on the McKenzie between Leaburg dam and the golf course. If you're fishing everyday you'll get something to bite.

JonBouy said:
Where do you go to catch fish like this!? I live in eugene and am on the hunt for my first salmon. Foul hooked one last month and have been out almost daily since with no luck. Any ideas or help would be much appreciated!

L
LuckyToBeFishing
jamisonace said:
We spent less than 30 minutes hiking for Chanterelles but it wasn't working out with the rain and a two year old. I wish we would have had some to go with the fish. Yeah, I'm not surprised you didn't see the truck. We caught each of the fish less than an hour into the float and then packed up and got back to the rest of the family as soon as we caught them. We weren't on the river very long at all. I'll be heading back next week so I'm hoping the fishing stays good.

This doesn't make much sense since I didn't inlclude c-run's comments. See above if you feel lost. haha

See Bold... PM sent.