The Nothing said:
huh?!?
i'm pretty sure Green's are not legal catch
nor is using salmon as bait...

Your right.... he's on a dis-information campaign

M
madoc
Okay buds,

I just spooled up a couple hundred yards of 50 lbs braided spectra onto my spare spool for my surf rod - bought some 1/0, 2/0 and 4/0 barbless and some 30lb dacron for leader. I've got some shad in the freezer from last year.

So I'm ready. I realized there really is no reason why I can't at least try and catch my annual limit for sturgeon. Heck, I've never tried fishing for them. And I like the flavor of sturgeon (nice and meaty).

So now it is time to find me a spot to cast out, and join the club.

S
SNDSLGR
Cool, welcome to the addiction.

S
SNDSLGR
Oversize pic!

Oversize pic!

A buddy from work took my son and I sturg fishing on the Willy today. About 20 shakers and I caught this monster, 7'6" and took nearly an hour to boat! My first big fish, what a hoot!!!

IMG_0042.png

K
KillFishEngage
:shock:That's A Beauty!! Good Goin' There Guys. Always Like To See Local Fisherman Pullin In Big Fish.

By The Way, Ever Tried Some Rollmop? That's Good Stuff, And I Use Shad Also. What Did You Lure This Big'n In With?

S
SNDSLGR
Thanks, we used squid and sandshrimp cocktail

K
KillFishEngage
Awesome I'll Have To Go It In Some Shallower Water Soon, All I Got Is A Little Med Action Pole And Currently 6lb. (Just Changed It 10 Min. Ago) That Ought To Be A Long Exciting Fight, And Could Be Frustrating Too. Good Luck And Keep Catching Fish Like That One!