Bassin this weekend?

Fishwhisperer44
We are gonna have five days of decent weather on a row. I am thinking of taking my kick boat out and doing some bass fishing this sunday. Any other bass guys out there suffering from cabin fever want to come too?

bass
Doubt I will make it but I will say that I saw a few bass boats out this weekend. Willamette is right around 50 now.

Fishwhisperer44
Hey bass! I saw that too, if the river is at 50, the ponds have got to be a little warmer. I was thinking about hitting up some ponds down near Albany. I figure the river will need about a week to clean up a bit. How's the sturgeon bite?

bass
Hey bass! I saw that too, if the river is at 50, the ponds have got to be a little warmer. I was thinking about hitting up some ponds down near Albany. I figure the river will need about a week to clean up a bit. How's the sturgeon bite?

Insanely good. Had my best day ever for numbers. Caught 43 on Sunday!!!!

Fishwhisperer44
Holy smokes! That is a lot of sturgeon in one day. Way to go! How big were they? I have been out there catching a few in the last couple of weeks. Most trips when I get one 60", I have to take a break. Two weeks ago I got an 84" and I was pretty much done for the afternoon.

bass
My best were a handful of fish in the 50" range. The guy I met up with (from another board) caught one about 7'. It was his first oversized and he did a great job of battling that beast. I was a bit surprised I did not get an oversized. Saw quite a few jump.

kidholiday
I went out yesterday and landed Two Smallies on the Willamette. It was a great day out, the fish were a bonus

Fishwhisperer44
Way to go kidholiday. You catch them off of shore? Where abouts? That water still be icy out there.

S
Steel4life
Saw some large mouth caught in some ponds in Eugene. 2lb range

kidholiday
I was in my ranger near Newberg. Both were caught on a cranbait

Fishwhisperer44
Way to go! That is good news, the bite on the river is starting early!

kidholiday
The water temps I saw ranged from 46 to 48 degrees. It was pretty chilly when I put my hand in the water. We need a few mor days i n the 60s to get the river temp up. Like was said earlier in the post I bet she me of the ponds are starting come alive.

C
codybass
Hey there fishwisperer. If your still looking for someone to fish for smallies this weekend. I am down to go Sunday all day

Fishwhisperer44
Man, I'd love to go but my wife is coming home on Sunday. I need to pick her up at the airport at 11... Rain check?

M
montym
Man up and ask your wife to get a cab? ☺

Fishwhisperer44
Lmao, thought of that already... Buuuuut, if I want to continue to be able to go fishing when I want to... I should probably be there with my kids in tow. I don't see an issue doing a little sturgeon fishing on the way to the airport though....

C
codybass
No worries. Anyone know of any good spots to do some shore fishing for bass? Looking to go tomorrow. I know it's early but I've heard of some guys getting some. Thanks

kidholiday
Cody, the pond in Vernonia should be picking up

C
codybass
Alright thanks. I didn't make it there this weekend maybe next weekend