Bass/cats near Albany/Salem?

H
Have2p
Moved to the area recently and would like to find some bass or cats out here. Grew up next to Hagg Lake fishing almost every day, those two are by far my favorite fish to catch.
I've hit up waverly, freeway, Simpsons, and today picked up some small largemouth out of bond butte. I don't have my canoe here so I've been stuck to bank fishing. Any advice would be appreciated!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome to the forum! I've heard you can pull bass from the ponds on 16th & McGilchrist in Salem. Out in Stayton, there is Pioneer park. Walk across the covered bridge and turn left to the canal. There are a lot of areas in there that are hiding some fat bass. I really like John Neal park in Lyons for bass, even though I haven't tried it yet it just looks like bass heaven. I can't help with catfish, never fished for them. Hopefully these will get you started.
Good fishing to you.

B
Big3d
I don't know how the willy changes that high in the system, but cats and hogs are available in the willamette here, if you just want to catch 'em that's an option, though I don't know at what point it becomes safe and relatively clean to eat out of.

troutdude
troutdude
X 2; on John Neal Park in Lyons. It's a pretty place--and is LOADED w/ small 'gills (i.e. bass snacks). I have yet to fish it too; but have contemplated a bass / crappie excursion.

There is also Minto Brown Park, along South River road in Salem.

Both, I would suspect, should have some cats too.

M
Metz84
Freeway lakes has some big bass and good size catfish. Go to the back pond the big one. That's where I've caught mine there.

J
jarhead2
Metz84 said:
Freeway lakes has some big bass and good size catfish. Go to the back pond the big one. That's where I've caught mine there.

Some nice crappie, too.

J
Jdangler xD
We should fish. I'm new in the area too and I fish all those places this week. Probly have seen you.