Bandon surf perch

T
Team CF
Fished off Bullards Beach (just in front of the sign saying no motor vehicles) and caught 11 surf perch in about an hour before and during slack tide on Saturday afternoon (perfect weather). Biggest one was about 2.5lbs its pretty fun fishing. We caught most of them on the Berkley Gulp Sand Shrimp stays on the hook better and stays in the water longer. I dont have pics of any of them, they were all red fins though. Fried up great a few hours later! Crabbing was pretty bad.

Casting Call
Casting Call
thanks for the report. things are starting to get active all around. i can hear the drum-roll for a great season ahead. CC

B
bythesea
sounds like they were hit'en about as fast as you could get your line back in the water,gotta love it... 2.5lbs that's a nice red tail

T
Team CF
Yeah it was giant. My brother gets credit for that one. The rest were around 8-12 inches. Yeah they were hitting it pretty good. You can fish a lot more without using live bait because you dont have to rig up as much either. I think that is what got us the most numbers just always having a line in the water. The limit is 15 per person but that seems like over kill. We had 5 adults and 11 was more then enough for one meal. I am not used to freezing and eating white meat fish though.

PK Yi
PK Yi
kinda off topic, but do they sell the gulp sand worms at the walmart in coos bay? I can't find them anywhere in here in corvallis or albany.

C_Run
C_Run
Port of Call in Bandon carries them.