Baitcasting reels

Grant22
Hey everyone I am in the market for a new baitcasting reel for steelhead and was wanting to try something new. I have heard good things about the Okuma cerros and the newer Shimano ceanan. Budget is not much over $100. Will be used for spoons and spinners and drift fishing mostly. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Snakehandler7
305to503fishermen
  • Abu Garcia Revo X Baitcast Reel
I like this one a lot and for it size it has a good retrieve and drag.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Admin
Clbagshaw
- Daiwa Tatula CT Casting Reel

It costed me 130$ but is a really solid real. It works good for bobber fishing and would work good for what your talking about using it for.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Admin
Grant22
well i'll look into both of those then for sure, thanks!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Clbagshaw
Snakehandler7
Grant22 said:
Hey everyone I am in the market for a new baitcasting reel for steelhead and was wanting to try something new. I have heard good things about the Okuma cerros and the newer Shimano ceanan. Budget is not much over $100. Will be used for spoons and spinners and drift fishing mostly. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
I got the Okuma Epixor at Bi-Mart for around $90. You might be able to do better. I'm happy with my left handed model.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Clbagshaw
Oldhammer
x2 on the Okuma Epixor at Bi-Mart. Love the low profile.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Clbagshaw
Snakehandler7
Oldhammer said:
x2 on the Okuma Epixor at Bi-Mart. Love the low profile.
Mines on a 10'6 lamiglass that I use for shore fishing and it's honestly a beautiful thing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Clbagshaw
Snakehandler7
Just wanted to come in with a correction. The Epixor was only about $65 at bimart I saw it as a 9 in my head. At $65 it's a great value buy.
 
Grant22
Well I ended up going with the revo x 7.3:1. I got a screaming deal on it at cabelas that I couldn’t pass up. ($100 down to $65). Feels good with 40lb braid and could get about 130-140 yds onto it. Will be giving it its first go this weekend.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Clbagshaw and 305to503fishermen
Clbagshaw
Grant22 said:
Well I ended up going with the revo x 7.3:1. I got a screaming deal on it at cabelas that I couldn’t pass up. ($100 down to $65). Feels good with 40lb braid and could get about 130-140 yds onto it. Will be giving it its first go this weekend.
That is a great deal also those reels are quite good.
 
fucarewee
Grant22 said:
Hey everyone I am in the market for a new baitcasting reel for steelhead and was wanting to try something new. I have heard good things about the Okuma cerros and the newer Shimano ceanan. Budget is not much over $100. Will be used for spoons and spinners and drift fishing mostly. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
I fish Ambasitor reels and the y stand up nicely. I have about 27 of the 6000 and 650's . Im over stocked so if your interested in the $65 range call 541 998 1117 in Eugene. I' a private person not a store,
 
Top Bottom