Bait box and cutting board

S
SteelieRn
I have a 16 foot River Hawk Pro V. Really nice boat, but the bait box thing was giving me fits. It never fit well anywhere in the boat, and I dislike working on the floor of the boat. I'd seen cutting tables and played with that idea, but ultimately came up with this.. It is made from 2, 1/2" cutting boards you can get from costco for $9 each and some stainless screws. It hangs on the side of the trays, has a board that goes to the floor (not sure it's needed really?), has a place for most tools, and the brace you see is really more to cover the knife blade than support the little box. It works pretty good for less than $25. There's a piece screwed the board on the back that stops the cooler at this height.

Reactions: rogerdodger
E
eugene1
Looks pretty slick!

rogerdodger
that is excellent!

B
Billamicasr
Like the way you incorporated it with the cooler and the brace firmly attached to the boat; a brain at work... good job.

F
flocaster
Time to start manufacturing those bad boys!

H
HereFishy
^ +1.... I'd buy one. I've just been using the middle bench in my boat as a cutting board. Which ALWAYS ends in a nasty boat with a few more nics in the bench.. Great idea, excellent execution, and a rather elegant solution to a problem that I'm sure a lot of people have. If You were to post that picture and say something like "check out what I just picked up from Cabelas", I'd believe it... Nice job man..

Kyle

S
SteelieRn
Thanks for the compliments guys. I enjoy creating solutions to problems. I feel the basic plan could be adapted to a number of different boats. If any one would be interested, I could post some better pics. Then you see all the wobbles