Awesome day!!!

P
pdxjon
An addiction where the only thing you smoke is fish is a good one.

F
fishnquest
Man o man. Awesome. Looks like Damon taught you well, grasshopper.

troutdude
troutdude
pdxjon said:
an addiction where the only thing you smoke is fish is a good one.

ditto!

H
Hawk
Beautiful Fish Bro's.

Great Job.

:clap::clap::clap:
:D:D:D
:cool::cool:

W
waco
and i got a ton of eggs from this fish!!

W
waco
so my brother in law saids dark fish is not worth it to keep it. what do you guys think? why is this?

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Did the meat look nice and red/dark pinkish orange? Or was it a light,washed out pink or close to white? If it was mushy to the feel or was washed out,he is right. If it was firm and red/dark pinkish orange,he's wrong. Or maybe he's jealous...

W
waco
it wasn't the best red/dark pinkish orange ever seen but it wasn't close to white a little wash out i think but was firm!!!

W
waco
whats best to cure eggs borax or pro-cure bait cure?

M
metalfisher76
Depends on what yer gonna target with `em. Borax`d eggs when targeting steel and something a little hotter for chinook. Although, I`ve caught lot`s of nooks on plain ol` borax.

W
waco
what it does mean something a little hotter?

W
waco
so i went back today to the same hole and saw couple of fish but couldn't get them to take my bait!!!! what steelhead like to eat?

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
I'm no expert,but as far as I can tell steelhead are not all that picky. Sort of like a guy in a night club at,oh,say 8:00 in the evening. He figures he can be really picky that early,but, as time goes by he realizes he has to make a choice. By closing time,he's not that choosy and grabs the first gal that goes by. Steelhead are kind of like that guy...if enough stuff keeps intruding his space or bouncing off his nose,he'll grab it. I may be wrong....if I am,someone will correct me,I'm sure. ;-)

R
Rascal
for bait i usually see people use shrimp worms or eggs and the other popular method is corkie and yarn i just try every color until one hits

im no expert but the other possible problem could be if you can see the fish they can see you so maybe they were spooked into not biting but as i said im not expert

W
waco
Rascal said:
for bait i usually see people use shrimp worms or eggs and the other popular method is corkie and yarn i just try every color until one hits

im no expert but the other possible problem could be if you can see the fish they can see you so maybe they were spooked into not biting but as i said im not expert
i dont think it could see me i barely see its tale behind a rock but never get it to pick my bait and i tried different stuff!!

W
waco
Raincatcher said:
I'm no expert,but as far as I can tell steelhead are not all that picky. Sort of like a guy in a night club at,oh,say 8:00 in the evening. He figures he can be really picky that early,but, as time goes by he realizes he has to make a choice. By closing time,he's not that choosy and grabs the first gal that goes by. Steelhead are kind of like that guy...if enough stuff keeps intruding his space or bouncing off his nose,he'll grab it. I may be wrong....if I am,someone will correct me,I'm sure. ;-)
that sounds good so maybe i just give up before he was done on the party!

B
beaverfan
With the heat spell coming I would recommend using lures for Steelhead, early in the morning and in the evening. With the water temp as high as it is harware should be pretty effective if you can get to them before they get spooked.

W
waco
what kind of lures you talking about? and what is a harware? im so sorry im still really new on this!! still learning!!

M
metalfisher76
Hardware are spoons, spinners, plugs and the like. Barb nailed it. Keep pressuring a steel, it`ll hit or leave.

W
waco
so with this really hot weather and the water so low it is posible to trow some hardware out there? what should i use with this hot weather bait or lures?