Anyone ever heard of Jorgensen bamboo fly rods?

S
salmon_slayer87
Hello everyone,
I have a bamboo Fly rod that i just can't seem to find any info on. on the rod there is writing and it says this.."Jorgensen Japan No.95" it has four tips. It is hex shaped and looks like an old rod but in great shape. Does anyone know where I can find info on this rod? If anyone is interested in buying it please let me know.

Thanks,
Dale

Last edited:
H
halibuthitman
does it have cranberry or wine colored wraps and a small lion head sticker near the grip?

S
salmon_slayer87
halibuthitman said:
does it have cranberry or wine colored wraps and a small lion head sticker near the grip?

its been awhile since ive looked at the rod...but i think it has yellow wraps. I will look at it and get back to you.
Dale

S
salmon_slayer87
the really cool thing is that the handle for the "bamboo" rod..can be switched around. so you can either have a fly rod or a spinning rod.

F
FlyBum
Here's a little on that Wright & McGill Sweetheart.

http://fiberglassflyrodders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6399

The only price info I was able to dig-up on the Jorgensen was this:

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/f...-jorgensen-9-5-piece-bamboo-fly-rod-95-a.html

Unfortunately these rods may not be the complete gem in the attic as far a price goes. But from what I've read on some of the Jorgensen rods you already have posted. Being made in Japan and in the 40's 50's. If they were highly sought after I believe there would be more information on the net about them.

H
halibuthitman
salmon_slayer87 said:
the really cool thing is that the handle for the "bamboo" rod..can be switched around. so you can either have a fly rod or a spinning rod.

actually, the convertable rods from the 40's and 50's were designed that way to convert to a float or "pin" style rod, wright&mcgill invented the glass fly/spin conversion, the give away is the larger stippin guide on the spin models, and typicaly an agate lined small stripping guide on the pin conversion-