Anyone been to the Metolius in the last few days?

L
lilsalmon
I got a wild hair and want to go to the Metolius. I know the water is a bit high and there is no snow...:( but I read that someone had been there yesterday and said it wasn't too bad. Nymphing is the way to go. I could look at the levels myself but that confuses me as bad as smartphones...hehe. I also don't like fishing alone but need to get out on the water.....

F
FlyBum
The water is higher and a small, small shade off color still as of yesterday. The river is on a slow drop and should, hopefully be clear. They weren't really on the bite but was able to hook and land only one yesterday. The weather was good today but is expected to change to $hit for the rest of the week.

S
steelhead1
My bud and I were over there last weekend,water was a little high, but not enough to make much difference.We got a couple nice fish nymphing,baetis with a tiny black brassie trailer. If you have the oppritunity to go over there, you should! Good luck!

F
FlyBum
steelhead1 said:
My bud and I were over there last weekend,water was a little high, but not enough to make much difference.We got a couple nice fish nymphing,baetis with a tiny black brassie trailer. If you have the oppritunity to go over there, you should! Good luck!

Were you there just this last Sunday 4-1? What section were you in and were you fishing bulls??

J
JeannaJigs
When ya going?

L
lilsalmon
J
JeannaJigs
Aw poop. Tomorrows my Friday.

S
steelhead_slayer
Did you make it over?

L
lilsalmon
Nope. Raining this morning and decided I didn't want to venture out. I am off Friday, tho, and the weather is looking better for that day.

S
steelhead1
F.B., no we were there weekend before last
FlyBum said:
Were you there just this last Sunday 4-1? What section were you in and were you fishing bulls??

F
FlyBum
The water that weekend was pretty average so ya know (not being a Dck) but it really came up this last week. Was out there with SS that same weekend on Saturday before I left for the Owyhee and they were really on the bite unlike this last weekend. It was really off, but I'm about over it for quite a while, maybe 1 or 2 times when the drakes come off but there are other options for different rivers. The Met is about to become more difficult :)

S
steelhead_slayer
lilsalmon said:
Nope. Raining this morning and decided I didn't want to venture out. I am off Friday, tho, and the weather is looking better for that day.

Good luck if you make it out Friday. I am on my way there this morning. I'll let you know how it goes

F
FlyBum
Good luck to ya! Watch out! Some one left a majority of a fly line tangled up in the river on a log in a spot we fished. Someone had a fire out there too and left a bunch of crap, I picked most of it up on Sunday though. It looked like some gear type of crap :(

S
steelhead_slayer
The river looked good, and was fishing ok. If you know what your doing you should have a chance at some fish.

Thanks flybum. Yeah I saw that fly line out there. looks like crap. Too bad there's not a way to get out there and remove it.

F
FlyBum
Ya, some D-bagg really got themselves into a real mess! How the He11 does that happen anyway?? That was damn near half a line.